Tutorial Installing Magisk and Play Integrity Fix

I tried that citibank and what ever I do, its detecting. I have hidden magisk, i have added to the deny list, rebooted, uninstall and reinstall app etc. may be different banks have different tracking mechanism to detect jailbroken phones, i heard that some banks check with 3rd party websites as well to track jb phones. not sure on that part, read it on some blogs.
Check the name of magisk it doesn't say something like topjohnwu.......
Check the enforced list.
Check in deny list in the bank app all toggles are on..

Then clear all data from bank app and rebbot.

I hope it works

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-21-09-08-15-214-edit_qhz.fb.o.exwuyjlltg.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-21-09-08-15-214-edit_qhz.fb.o.exwuyjlltg.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 221
  • Screenshot_2023-11-21-09-15-27-080-edit_qhz.fb.o.exwuyjlltg.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-21-09-15-27-080-edit_qhz.fb.o.exwuyjlltg.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 225
  • Screenshot_2023-11-21-09-15-04-043-edit_qhz.fb.o.exwuyjlltg.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-21-09-15-04-043-edit_qhz.fb.o.exwuyjlltg.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 222
Check the name of magisk it doesn't say something like topjohnwu.......
Check the enforced list.
Check in deny list in the bank app all toggles are on..

Then clear all data from bank app and rebbot.

I hope it works
exactly i did the same and see the same for my citibank. except that I dont have google play store as per your 3rd screenshot. do we need that ?

2nd thing, I have renamed my magisk app as well.

I have clear cache and clear data as well for that app after doing this. still its detecting it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-21-17-58-53-098_com.citibank.mobile.au.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-21-17-58-53-098_com.citibank.mobile.au.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 171
Last edited by a moderator:
Please check that you dont have the original magisk installed together with the renamed. ( sometime happens )
Never rename the hidden magisk again as magisk. Use whatever you want except the word magisk in that name like (magisk settings).
You can name it, car, tree, water, bla bla, adffrtsdgoiughkl, f a c k you google, and so on....

The rest may not be necessary.
As last resort can you clear and the....
Clear Google Wallet cache and all data.
Clear Google Play Store cache and all data, unistall all updates.
Clear GSF (com.google.android.gsf) cache and all data.
Clear GMS (Google Mobile Services) cache and all data, unistall all updates.

You will need to add all your accounts from the start in your phone.

And clear bank again and reboot.
After that i give up.
Good luck.

Last edited:
What is the difference between the play integrity fix used here and shamiko?
Can they be used together? is one preffered over the other?

Shamiko is said to be used to hide root especially for Banking apps.

Thanks for your hard work. Guide plus the comments section helped a lot to finish the magisk install and wallet works again.

One question that I have is , do I have to install the magisk app everytime after I update my Mi 11 with the latest stable rom update ?

Oh well, my bank somehow got wind of all the messing around & blocked all of my accounts/cards. I'd have to go back to full stock in order to sort it out. Any guides on how this can be done safely? Any help greatly appreciated.

Oh well, my bank somehow got wind of all the messing around & blocked all of my accounts/cards. I'd have to go back to full stock in order to sort it out. Any guides on how this can be done safely? Any help greatly appreciated.
U need to do this through mi flash tool. Download the global version from xiaomi firmware site. With your phone model. And use clean and lock option in the mi flash tool. It will lock the bl. U will loose all the data.

Reactions: savou
The most reliable way I've found to hide root from apps is to use shamiko together with PlayIntegrityFix.

Make sure to

1. Install Shamiko
2. Make sure Enforce DenyList is DISABLED
3. Hide the Magisk app.
4. Delete cache from banking apps and reboot.

When I flash the img file which magisk generated, it always stuck on miui animation(poco->miui->stuck), re-flash the original boot.img could fix.
Have tried regenerating another img file and flash it, still got stucked.
Any idea how to fix it? Thanks.
Magisk 26.4 intalled via apk.
Device is Poco F5 (MARBLE) on latest ROM (11/19 rebuild version) flashed.
The boot.img is from the rom zip.

The most reliable way I've found to hide root from apps is to use shamiko together with PlayIntegrityFix.

Make sure to

1. Install Shamiko
3. Hide the Magisk app.
tested shamiko. Citibank app still dont work

Thank you very much, chiteroman!

Mir Pay, Tinkoff and Alfa-Bank detect root.
My device is Xiaomi 13 Pro (nuwa), with the latest stable version of xiaomi.eu MIUI 14 installed.
The apps that I needed work now.
If you tried everything on regular Magisk and your banking/payment app STILL does not work, then try this:
Install Magisk Alpha instead of Magisk.
After you install Magisk Alpha I recommend following the post that I quoted below:

Make sure to

1. Install Shamiko
3. Hide the Magisk app.
After doing all of these steps, your banking app will probably work as intended again.
----------------------------------
Tested on Mir Pay, Tinkoff Pay and Alfa-Pay apps.
Screenshots of SPIC attached below.

Attachments

• photo_2023-11-21_17-46-05.jpg
    photo_2023-11-21_17-46-05.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 101
  • photo_2023-11-21_17-46-09.jpg
    photo_2023-11-21_17-46-09.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Some apps detect official Zygisk implementation, in this case I think it's better to use Magisk Delta or Magisk Alpha. Also, if you found a custom kernel with KernelSU you can use ZygiskNext.

Reactions: katerpanne
Mi 10 Ultra
Google Play Services missing SMS permission.
Please help. Every time I click on Google wallet, the message pop up and won't let me go in.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-21-23-56-53-646_com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-21-23-56-53-646_com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel.jpg
    954.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_2023-11-21-23-56-45-004_com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-21-23-56-45-004_com.google.android.apps.walletnfcrel.jpg
    905.7 KB · Views: 85
  • Screenshot_2023-11-21-23-59-30-845_com.henrikherzig.playintegritychecker.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-21-23-59-30-845_com.henrikherzig.playintegritychecker.jpg
    419.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot_2023-11-21-23-59-08-181_com.henrikherzig.playintegritychecker.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-21-23-59-08-181_com.henrikherzig.playintegritychecker.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 79
Some apps detect official Zygisk implementation, in this case I think it's better to use Magisk Delta or Magisk Alpha. Also, if you found a custom kernel with KernelSU you can use ZygiskNext.
Thank you very much, you're a legend.
I installed Magisk Alpha instead of regular Magisk, and now the apps that I listed earlier in my post now work as intended.

Reactions: chiteroman
Hello. I am getting an issue while running the commands - when I execute fastboot devices I can see my device - all good. On the next step though, I'm getting an error:

Attachments

• xiaomi.png
    xiaomi.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 86
Thanks!
So what needs to be hidden there?
Hi, very good and detailed guide!
Anyway, I came back to Xiaomi.eu rom thinking "ok, I'm gonna live without root" (the rom I was on before was prerooted), and now here we go again...
My question though: while patching the boot image, it was my impression that twrp was lost in the process, is it still the case?
It's not an issue per se (I usually update via fastboot), just checking

Hi, very good and detailed guide!
Anyway, I came back to Xiaomi.eu rom thinking "ok, I'm gonna live without root" (the rom I was on before was prerooted), and now here we go again...
My question though: while patching the boot image, it was my impression that twrp was lost in the process, is it still the case?
It's not an issue per se (I usually update via fastboot), just checking

It depends on the image to which you flashed TWRP. If you installed it permanently (flashed it to the recovery image), then TWRP won't be affected.

In your case, if you want TWRP to stay, if it was flashed to the recovery image, then you'll be fine regardless of what ROMs you install

Отправлено с моего Xiaomi 13 Pro через Tapatalk

Last edited:
When I flash the img file which magisk generated, it always stuck on miui animation(poco->miui->stuck), re-flash the original boot.img could fix.
Have tried regenerating another img file and flash it, still got stucked.
Any idea how to fix it? Thanks.
Magisk 26.4 intalled via apk.
Device is Poco F5 (MARBLE) on latest ROM (11/19 rebuild version) flashed.
The boot.img is from the rom zip.
Try to flash magisk.zip from recovery instead of the generated boot.img.

It depends on the image to which you flashed TWRP. If you installed it permanently (flashed it to the recovery image), then TWRP won't be affected.

In your case, if you want TWRP to stay, if it was flashed to the recovery image, then you'll be fine regardless of what ROMs you install

Отправлено с моего Xiaomi 13 Pro через Tapatalk
Well, twrp comes prebuilt in Xiaomi.eu ROMs nowadays, so how do I know where it was flashed?
I should've said I'm on Venus, which was one of the first devices with a/b partitions, and recovery was embedded with the boot file...

Last edited: