Tutorial Installing Magisk and Play Integrity Fix

Has any UK users found a working solution to starling and barclays banking apps? Tried every solution online but nothing seems to resolve it, the apps can detect magisk and zygisk even when hidden. I am resorting to another phone for banking apps.

Last edited:
I use kernelsu, why I changed i see 2 different.

Magisk by default all app are root, need to make deny list for app that not detect as root. (Umount)

KernelSU default all app umount, I have to set few app to root,

I wish that kernelsu should work with miui only if dev can make

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231122-131032_KernelSU.png
    Screenshot_20231122-131032_KernelSU.png
    304.7 KB · Views: 114
Hello. Touch payment on the phone does not work at the moment. Xiaomi MI11 ultra, what can be done?
MIUI V14.0.11.0 TKACNXM version. Is there an easy way? It worked for a few days, then it stopped, google pay says that the phone was rooted. I don't meet the requirements. Don't know an instructional video? It bothers me that I can't pay. Thank you.

Yes it work for me
Not for me :(, make all steps from this guide and the Commerzbank app say : fingerprint not possible, device rootet ....
Safetynet is ok, play checker show first two entries green .
Any idea?

Wallet seems to work but not paid with it yet. But can add paypal to wallet.

Not for me :(, make all steps from this guide and the Commerzbank app say : fingerprint not possible, device rootet ....
Any idea?

I was able to add the cards, but payment is not possible because the device is rooted. Reprints don't work in any banking applications either, it's a big problem now. The descriptions are complicated for me. I hope someone can come up with a simple solution, because I will be forced to buy another phone.

Any idea?

Do use with magisk delta, first uninstall magisk reboot,
Flash with magisk delta and zygin enable reboot, play intergerty fix reboot then hide Deny list, for Google Dienst, Google wallet, Google play, Commerzbank Phototan then last one
Clear cache for Google play, Dienst, wallet reboot

Reactions: tasar
My Lloyds Bank doesn't work, Shamiko and Denylist added.
Tried:
- Hide the Magisk App
- AdAway to block the security checks hosts.

Any other solutions?

Updates:
- Tried Island, to make my Lloyds Bank work, but just odd, don't really like it this way.

Still looking for better solutions

Last edited:
As you are aware, new Stable releases (including rebuilds that are currently in the works) do not include our fix for passing SafetyNet/Play Integrity checks. There's the guide how to flash Magisk and relevant fix on these ROMs.

NOTE: You have to repeat the process (at least installing Magisk) after EVERY ROM UPDATE!

1. Flash the newest available Stable build for your device (released on or after 18 November).
2. Prepare relevant files: Magisk (download APK), Play Integrity Fix and relevant file from the ROM package.
- If ROM package contains init_boot.img, then unpack it (and ONLY it).
- If it doesn't, unpack boot.img (and ONLY it).

Move them to device storage.

3. Install Magisk APK on device. After install run it and choose "Install" near Magisk name. Choose "Select and Patch a File", then find a relevant IMG file (boot.img or init_boot.img) you've moved to storage before. Then "Let's go".
View attachment 49527View attachment 49525
Move generated image to the PC. Run device in Fastboot mode. If you've unpacked ROM on PC, you can use it to flash an image (if not, use platform-tools); go to the ROM directory > bin > your host OS dir. Paste image there (the best solution present on the screenshot), then right-click anywhere on the directory > run Terminal (if option doesn't show, use Ctrl+Shift+RMB - for Windows lower than 11).
View attachment 49528
Connect device to PC if you didn't already. Run following commands (.\ on screenshot is for PowerShell):
Code:
fastboot devices

Depending on your device:
Code:
fastboot flash init_boot_ab magisk_generated_name.img

OR

Code:
fastboot flash boot_ab magisk_generated_name.img

OR (on older devices)
Code:
fastboot flash boot magisk_generated_name.img

Then
Code:
fastboot reboot

Phone will reboot.
View attachment 49529
4. You should be able to see new Magisk app on Home screen. If it will ask for an install the full APK, then accept the prompt and install it. Magisk may also ask later for additional configuration, like on this screen:
View attachment 49530
Accept it. Device will reboot.
In some cases (like mine), app will say that you have to reinstall Magisk. Do it, choosing "Direct installation" and accept the prompt. Reboot device after installation.
View attachment 49531View attachment 49532View attachment 49533
5. Play Integrity Fix requires enabled Zygisk. Tap the gear button, then select "Zygisk". You can also enable "Enforce DenyList" - it will be useful for hiding apps that are detecting root from Magisk. Reboot device to apply changes.
View attachment 49534View attachment 49535View attachment 49536
6. Now it's time to install Play Integrity Fix. Run Magisk, select "Modules" > "Install from storage" and choose a ZIP with a fix. After successful install, reboot a device.

View attachment 49537View attachment 49538View attachment 49539
7. SafetyNet and Play Integrity should be passing just fine (until next Google fix; then you will have to wait for a fix update).
View attachment 49540View attachment 49541
8. Clear app data: Google Wallet, Google Play Services, Google Play Store and Google Services Framework.
9. Reboot device. You should be able to add cards successfully.
View attachment 49548

If you aren't able to download specific apps from Play Store (e.g. Netflix) after flashing a fix, clear Play Store and Google Play Services data.

HOW TO HIDE SOME APPS FROM MAGISK

In my case, McDonald's or Google Wallet app is working just fine after flashing a fix, without having to hide the app in Magisk. But, in some cases, it may be not enough. How to do it then? We (I hope) activated DenyList while preparing to flash Play Integrity Fix, so let's use it!

1. Go to Magisk > gear icon > Configure DenyList.
2. There will be a list of apps on phone. Choose app that complains about root permissions.
View attachment 49559
3. In most cases it will work, but in some (like Polish ID app, mObywatel) won't. Go back to settings and select "Hide the Magisk app". It will generate the same Magisk app, but with new package name, so it won't be so easily detected by apps. Allow Magisk to install apps, then choose your name and accept. It was enough in my case, app started to work (although it doesn't allow to send a screenshot, so you must trust me in this case) :)
View attachment 49543View attachment 49544

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them!
And how to patch firmware? Well here on the 9th the problem appeared, the next day here posted a stable firmware with a fix and contactless payment worked without installing root and magisk, then on the 18th it disappeared again, maybe there are instructions on how to patch the firmware, so that I myself patch the latest firmware version with the latest patch and install it as usual, without playing with magisk?

Hello team,
Why wasn't the fix integrated? These roms are useless.
I did everything according to the instructions. Everything has been installed.
But it doesn't work.
I'm back at Stock Rome and everything is going perfectly.
It's a shame that MUI.eu Rome was a good alternative.
Poco x3 Pro Global Rom.

I try use my Commerzank App their still show root detect, and yet my Wallet ist working with PayPal, but cant add My Visa Card to wallet from IngDiba,
2, My AXA insurance is passed working,
3. Deutschland Card Ok
4. Barmer Healt Insurnace detect ROOT
5. Sparkasse Mobile and s-Push OK
6. Indiba Banking OK
7. Coinbase OK
8. McDonalds OK
9, My Allianz OK

the rest 3 left
- Commerzbank
- Barmber Insurance
- Visa to add my Wallet

Magisk 26,4
PIF 13v
shamiko
LPosed
systemhost
youtube ReVanced
I try PIF 13v and shamiko but to work I need to install LPosed, systemhost, youtube ReVanced?

Hello team,
Why wasn't the fix integrated? These roms are useless.
I did everything according to the instructions. Everything has been installed.
But it doesn't work.
I'm back at Stock Rome and everything is going perfectly.
It's a shame that MUI.eu Rome was a good alternative.
Poco x3 Pro Global Rom.
I am also told that you need to switch to the Indonesian version of the firmware, but I'm still in agony, because when you change the firmware must reinstall everything and I do not have time yet, for myself decided that a few more days to suffer, if it does not work I will switch to Indonesia.

@Kacper Skrzypek
Thank you! Following the instructions, everything went nice and smooth on Mi 10 Ultra. I confirm Google pay is working even without clearing the data. I only force stopped the apps mentioned and cleared the cache. It didn't work at first but after couple of hours it's OK. Bank app refused to load but not anymore after putting it in Denylist. :) Thank you xiaomi.eu team!

I have followed instructions perfectly, cannot pass integrity. Many apps are now not valid for my device in playstore. Very sad day to consider leaving Xiaomi.eu but, as they say : ce la vie !!

Going back to stock global rom, I will need to keep boot loader unlocked. Can I reinstall global rom and keep TWRP ?

Thanks

I'm having the same problem with notifications. I'm not getting notifications from my banking apps, e.g. to confirm login on my PC, I'm not even getting notifications from Signal, WhatsApp etc. I'm getting the notifications few hours later or sometimes never! This is a serious issue, please provide a solution.
I'm guessing you cleared the data for Google Services Framework?

I have followed instructions perfectly, cannot pass integrity. Many apps are now not valid for my device in playstore. Very sad day to consider leaving Xiaomi.eu but, as they say : ce la vie !!

Going back to stock global rom, I will need to keep boot loader unlocked. Can I reinstall global rom and keep TWRP ?

Thanks
Lock bootloader can only be blocked on the Chinese version as far as I understand, and in other firmware you need it to be unlocked, but on other firmware you need to do all the same according to this instruction as well, just I'm told that on the Indonesian version this instruction will work without problems. On my Mi 11 Ultra all banking issues work, no problem with this, I only have a problem with google wireless wallet.... It doesn't pass security and doesn't work, so I have to take out my wallet with cards again to pay at the store instead of using my phone.

Lock bootloader can only be blocked on the Chinese version as far as I understand, and in other firmware you need it to be unlocked, but on other firmware you need to do all the same according to this instruction as well, just I'm told that on the Indonesian version this instruction will work without problems. On my Mi 11 Ultra all banking issues work, no problem with this, I only have a problem with google wireless wallet.... It doesn't pass security and doesn't work, so I have to take out my wallet with cards again to pay at the store instead of using my phone.
If you don't clear all data on Google play services (which can be found in settings/apps/search "Google"), play store, service framework, it will never work no matter how many apps you hide or how many times you reboot.
And dual apps can interfere, but it's not 100%. I have them enabled, and I just tried paying in store, everything worked just fine. With the fix the dual Google services crash sometimes, but it's fine by me, not a huge issue.
My advice would be to just reflash the standard rom, and repeat the process step by step.
As you wrote, you missed something (clearing services data), and it's one of (if not the) most important things to be done. If you don't find something just ask, don't skip it. Pm me if nobody replies I'll try to help when I have time

Thanks
Nope, you can't.
And as a rule of thumb, you can lock your bootloader ONLY if you flash the original rom that should be on your stock phone.
For example, I have a Chinese Mi 11, if I flash the Chinese stable rom, I can lock the BL no problem. If I flash the global rom and then lock the BL, the phone will not function at all. You will have to wait X days to unlock the BL again, and then you'll be able to flash another rom (if you're lucky). If you're not lucky, locking the BL on a different rom than what was originally on your device could result in you having a new and expensive paper weight.

I try PIF 13v and shamiko but to work I need to install LPosed, systemhost, youtube ReVanced?
No that what I have ,

Do only pif v13.4 all other not muss add deny list that Google and banking app also clear cache of google service wallet play

For it to work you just need what's listed in the tutorial. The other things listed are variants for root/modules and/or apps he/she installed.

Plus (this is not for you specifically, but for everyone complaining) modding can go moderately to catastrophically wrong depending on what you do and what you know about modding.
So, adding/removing/moving things randomly can hurt more than heal, especially if you don't know what you're doing.
Remember this is a Google issue, not Xiaomi.eu.

And how to patch firmware? Well here on the 9th the problem appeared, the next day here posted a stable firmware with a fix and contactless payment worked without installing root and magisk, then on the 18th it disappeared again, maybe there are instructions on how to patch the firmware, so that I myself patch the latest firmware version with the latest patch and install it as usual, without playing with magisk?
Now it will have to be root and Magisk, I did a lot research, sadly this is the only way now.
But since you already unlocked bl, so root and Magisk will not wipe the data, just some banking app need more tweak, my current solution is Island.
I also got recommended of Magisk Delta, which can unmount apps from su detection sort off things, but I haven't try it yet