Tutorial Installing Magisk and Play Integrity Fix

Is it possible to do it without PC? I have a Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra with TWRP. I'm ok with step 3 but after i'm lost sorry... I'm a french biginner ☺️

I'm done with this. Will Google Wallet work with the Global ROM?
Or do I have to go back to China ROM with locked bootloader?

MIUI EU has been my ROM of choice for years. However having read here what many people had been going through, I am not sure that I will try the solution suggested here; too many unknowns lurking around the corner. Sadly, this will probably my last MIUI EU version, until a built-in fix is incorporated in the stable editions.
Considering the popular use of wallet and banking apps, I wonder whether we're seeing the first death throes of MIUI EU ? :emoji_cry:

Ok, maybe developers or 'expert' guys laugh at people who just want basic things from a custom rom... because latest updates on play integrity fix require much more complex and advanced knowledge to do some things... i never got bothered on what fingerprints are and if needed for f@cking google wallet to work ... etc.. So is there any chance that somebody fixes a simple how to on how (and if possible of course)... a normal user could create his own finger print so this story may come up to an end? Normal user i mean a guy who is capable to unlock a phone, flash a custom rom and install magisk with any modules on it...

Thanks in advance!

Update PIF to v14 and place the pif.json from the telegram group in root/data/adb
Then reboot.

It's a for now working fingerprint supplied by the PIF developer.

Last edited:
Reactions: rensonson
I'm done with this. Will Google Wallet work with the Global ROM?
Or do I have to go back to China ROM with locked bootloader?
if the phone originally came with Chine ROM, you can flash the stock Chinease rom and can lock bootloader, trying to lock bootloader with any other region rom will brick device, only can lock what the phone original rom was

Last edited:
You should not have upgraded. v13.9 works fine with its built-in props

However, v13.9 is purged from GitHub now

Find it in your Download and reinstall
No it doesn't, the 13.9 fingerprint is banned.
Might take a bit till it updates on your device but it's no longer valid.

Could some one explain to me about fingerprint? I can see from the guide on how to create the custom.pif.json that fingerprint is not something like token or key but some kind of id depending on model and version which is very general... Am I missing something? That means that if google bans a fingerprint it bans every device running that specific version of ROM? I don't understand.. sorry

I have a suspicion users who can't read the posts they are quoting won't be able to go on a scavenge hunt to find fingerprints from specific old phones then test them for countless hours until they find a working one so they can pass device integrity for a few days until google bans it again

Reactions: jericho246
I have a suspicion users who can't read the posts they are quoting won't be able to go on a scavenge hunt to find fingerprints from specific old phones then test them for countless hours until they find a working one so they can pass device integrity for a few days until google bans it again
Ok and now a silly question... Fingerprints are not endless... How stock devices work? What fingerprints do they use and why they don't get banned?

Ok and now a silly question... Fingerprints are not endless... How stock devices work? What fingerprints do they use and why they don't get banned?
From what I understand. Newer devices do the device integrity thing verification on the hardware level so we are unable to spoof that. That's why using fingerprints from a modern device won't work. Older devices around 5-6 years ago did it differently so that's why you have to find a fingerprint from around that era. Find a device that came in android 7-9 and roll the dice that using its fingerprint will pass device integrity. Having gone through dozens of fingerprints it's like trying to win at the roulette really. Nobody knows the correct formula. Then of course you're hoping Google doesn't ban that fingerprint which will almost surely happen at some point.

Reactions: Dutchgio
From what I understand. Newer devices do the device integrity thing verification on the hardware level so we are unable to spoof that. That's why using fingerprints from a modern device won't work. Older devices around 5-6 years ago did it differently so that's why you have to find a fingerprint from around that era. Find a device that came in android 7-9 and roll the dice that using its fingerprint will pass device integrity. Having gone through dozens of fingerprints it's like trying to win at the roulette really. Nobody knows the correct formula. Then of course you're hoping Google doesn't ban that fingerprint which will almost surely happen at some point.
Wow... Many thanks for your clear answer.. sad thing is that it will come to an end for sure... Because if newer devices use hardware it's a matter of time for google to stop supporting these 'old' devices for payments... And then there will be the end...

I find it sad that so many people are considering the Google Pay issue to be "the end of Xiaomi.eu ROM".
Didn't know that everything our ROMs have to offer is Google Pay, and everything else I worked on has no value to so many people, a waste of time.
Don't worry, it won't be "the end of Xiaomi.eu ROM" if some ignorant people who are unwilling to learn anything new stop using it.
You call it "average users", but real average users don't even unlock their bootloader and don't bother with custom ROMs to begin with.

I consider myself a fairly advanced user, since more than a decade ago I stopped using Windows and managed to operate all my phones, unlock bootloader, recovery, install rom, etc...

I have had to look for a lot of life... But this is beyond me, it's too much, I don't have old cell phones to extract data, so that in an update of the big G they ruin it again.

I'm not saying it's the end of the EU version, but it certainly loses a lot.

You should be a little more respectful to users who don't have the level to keep up with this pace.

You should be a little more respectful to users who don't have the level to keep up with this pace.
I really shouldn't. Respect needs to be earned. There's nothing worth respecting here.
Everything in life requires certain level of knowledge and ability, and if someone finds it overbearing, they have other options that don't require this level of skill.
This is not a preschool.