Installing TWRP on POCO F3

DripSoReal

Members
Jul 10, 2021
Hello, I'm planning on installing Xiaomi EU ROM MIUI 12.5.4 stable on my Poco F3 via fastboot, after I'm done with that, is it alright to install TWRP? Will it affect the ROM? And can I still update the ROM using Fastboot after installing TWRP? And finally is it possible to update the ROM using TWRP if I installed the ROM the first time using fastboot?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Hello,

You NEED to use TWRP to install latest Xiaomi.eu ROMs for your device. ;)

No more fastboot ROMs by Xiaomi.eu when a working TWRP is available for your device. :)

So use TWRP and you can install ROM updates via TWRP of course.

Thanks for the quick reply, another question is, what does the "Yes" under "Fastboot" mean?
077e6d2ca725e648df7a32b33c7519c7.jpg

Reactions: Poney70
Thanks a lot! That really helps. And one last question, i know that updates don't wipe phone data, but with previous experiences with other custom roms, when updating from an Android version to another, for example from android 10 to android 11, it's not really an update, more like installing a whole new different ROM, which requires deleting all of my data. Is it the same for Xiaomi EU ROM; will I ever need to wipe my data in any circumstance?

Thanks as always.

Reactions: Poney70
Thanks a lot! That really helps. And one last question, i know that updates don't wipe phone data, but with previous experiences with other custom roms, when updating from an Android version to another, for example from android 10 to android 11, it's not really an update, more like installing a whole new different ROM, which requires deleting all of my data. Is it the same for Xiaomi EU ROM; will I ever need to wipe my data in any circumstance?
It's never required to wipe your data when you install a ROM update (in all cases), like when you are using Official ROMs. ;)

Reactions: DripSoReal