Installing Twrp

ch2856

Members
Feb 20, 2015
Hi,

To install twrp do I need to install first Android ADB or miflash tool or just to download mi5 twrp recovery - extract - turn device on fastboot mod - connect to PC - shift+right click for CMD - and trype the comand?

Thanks.

Hi, you need to have a working ADB/Fastboot environment and drivers to be able to flash TWRP. There are several ways to achieve this, for example, I have the Android SDK installed so I have all the needed tools; however, there are other, more minimalist ways to get the needed tools. Search for "minimal adb fastboot xiaomi" to get useful links for this.

You can check if you have your environment set up by booting your phone into fastboot mode, connecting it to your computer, and typing on the command prompt:

fastboot devices

If you get a line with the text "fastboot" followed by a serial number, you're all set.

With an unlocked bootloader, just download the latest TWRP image and flash it via fastboot.

Hi,
can I also use the APP "Flashify"?
I don't think flashify works without root though...im assuming you don't have root since u don't have twrp, unless you're using another custom recovery.

Sent from my MI 5

Does anyone have a link with a procedure to Install TWRP via fastboot? I'm following the procedure to unlock/flash rom on MI5 inside this topic but there is not any procedure for the TWRP installation via fastboot.

Thank you