[All-in-One] Xiaomi 14 (houji): Unlock Bootloader, Root, Flash TWRP, Flash ROM

There is Indonesian ROM for Xiaomi 14 (OS1.0.4.0.UNCIDXM) with call recording.
Just tried it. The Indonesian and Indian versions of the Google phone app have no call recorder, at least I couldn't find the call recorder there.
BUT
The Russian and Taiwanese versions have the Xiaoumi phone app and can also do call recording

You could ask if someone is willing to lend you their account as everybody can unlock 3 devices per year.. Friend of yours maybe?

Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra.
Good idea, but no one I know has a Xiaomi. I don't think I've ever met anyone in the US that has one.
If anyone here wants to lend me their account, let me know. Though I guess that sounds risky, I'm not sure what is connected to a mi account.

Nothing to loose, simply change your password before and afterwards (the person who is the giver), but of course the account must be removed after unlocking, should work.

I bet you'll find someone, worst you have to wait, small price to pay :)

Good luck, until then enjoy your camera and bother some iphone junkies

Nothing to loose, simply change your password before and afterwards (the person who is the giver), but of course the account must be removed after unlocking, should work.

I assume removing the account and adding mine back still keeps the BL unlocked

14Ultra Xiaomi.EU rom isnt even available yet so I wait either way.

Yeah, everyone I know owns an iphone or samsung.

with locked bootloader how can i also flash rom?
Just to make sure that your X14 is not a China dedicated device. Check pls Settings/About Phone/OS Version. If you have the OS Version OS1.0.31.0.UNCCNXM then you have a China dedicated device and you cannot use this AiO. If it is a different OS version the please check if you are using the same Xiaomi Account in both cases: to apply for or permission to unlock the bootloader (point A.4.) and connect your Mi Account to your device (point A.5. respectively B.6.). If your X14 is non-china and if you have used the same account in A.4. and A.5. then recall if your account is younger than 30 days. Other than that this AiO is (as you can see) very detailed and self explanatory. It should work with your X14 too.

Last edited:
Btw, if you are wondering on which region or firmware version your Xiaomi device is running, you can read from the (meaningful) firmware version number.
A very helpful guide on how to decode Xiaomi's version numbers can be found here.

Attachments

• Xiaomi-Regions.jpg
    Xiaomi-Regions.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Just to double check, have you been to mi.com, signed in your account and checked your devices?
I have a global EA variant, I also have a community account in global region of the app even though I am UK.
I logged in to my account on my phone,
I applied for unlocking bootloader in the community app, it gives me 1 year of unlocking,
I set debugging, selected unlock in dev settings,
Added my account in the unlock section,
Checked again on mi.com to ensure the phone was bonded,
Went to fastboot, opened miflash 7.6.727.43 and went through the various warnings to complete first part. It says come back after 26 hours to complete.

If you have done the same with the same app version and region as me, then maybe get a different mi account or contact Xiaomi support. I hope the above will assist in checking your tick list in some way.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-22-09-40-40-004_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-22-09-40-40-004_com.android.settings.jpg
    649.2 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_2024-03-22-09-46-21-861_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-22-09-46-21-861_com.android.settings.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 80

I made a post in the general forum asking. Apparently people can get banned for sharing their account. So I guess I'll be waiting a month unless someone is willing to risk it for a stranger.

hello, thank you a lot for these detailed guidelines..
I am a beginner in this field and have few questions to understand things a bit better if you don't mind..

I understand that "Houji" (https://mifirm.net/model/houji.ttt) is about X14 and that "Aurora" about X14 Ultra (https://mifirm.net/model/aurora.ttt).
I also get it that the versions contains the area/region code: UNCCNXM (China), UNCRUXM (Russia), ...
Now things are a bit blurry from here:

1) What is the difference between EEA and EU regions? I'm not sure to understand how to "achieve" to get a EEA or an EU version.. is the code not the same "EU"?
2) What are the goals and differences between "fastboot stable" and "zip stable"?
3) Why "Houji EU" (https://mifirm.net/model/houji.ttt#eu) does not have any but has "EU stable"?
4) Why there are some versions starting with "V816.0" while others with "OS1.0" ? (for example "V816.0.26.0.UNCCNXM" and "OS1.0.26.0.UNCCNXM"); would it be ok to use any as long as the last part of the version is the same? I believe no but...
5) And last question: I have a X14 Ultra OS1.0.4.UNAEUXM, unfortunately:
- there is nothing in the "EU" tab: https://mifirm.net/model/aurora.ttt#eu
- in "EEA", there is no "OS" version, only "V816": https://mifirm.net/model/aurora.ttt#eea-fastboot-stable
- yet it is in the "zip" tab (but from what you answered to someone above, it's not the good file): https://mifirm.net/model/aurora.ttt#eea-zip-stable
- it is not there neither: https://sourceforge.net/projects/xi...xiaomi.eu/HyperOS-STABLE-RELEASES/HyperOS1.0/
Does it mean I just need to wait few more days/weeks before to be able to get it?

Many thanks in advance, and sorry for these beginner questions..

For your information, don't confuse EEA ROM with xiaomi.eu (EU) ROM:
- EEA ROM (UNAEUXM) is the official stock ROM
- xiaomi.eu is a custom ROM
This site is dedicated to xiaomi.eu custom ROM. The xiaomi.eu ROM has not yet been released for the Xiaomi 14 Ultra.

Hello, can I just ask in C: it says Download the fastboot ROM (the same ROM which is currently installed in your device)
but I can't seem to find the same rom I have installed on my device( I have 1.0.14.0.UNCEUXM on my device)
Will this work or not and where can I find 1.0.14.0.UNCEUXM fastboot rom?

Is that process can be done with MacBook (arm chip) too?
(Full process, including use the Mi Unlock Tool)

Nothing will work anyway.
As a newby with a X14 CN may I ask the question then if the only way to do the recent update is through fastboot. Reading the instructions doesn't really help. Neither trying the update with the updater app nor doing it manually downloading the zip file and starting twrp help. Thanks for your support.

So I'm trying to unlock. I was successful in the community app. I went to developer options to add my account. Once hitting the button, it says there is a toast that says “Preparing to add account and device .." Then nothing and the button is greyed out. I try again and same thing

Follow exactly step by step.

Ok, I tried the procedure twice more and on the second time it seems to have worked. But when I look at devices, it claims my SIM isnt not installed or activated. Eventhough it is and working fine. Will this be an issue? I tried connecting cloud but sms/call history activation keeps failing

I tried mi unlock. It failed at 99% saying to try again in 72hrs.

Note the first time trying the phone rebooted from fastboot for some reason and it said the same thing.
Also as soon as I start the tool v6.5 (which I just downloaded from the xiaomi site), it prompts me to upgrade v7.6. but the link goes to a bad link (or it says access denied)

I

Last edited:
Good morning my friends seem to unlock the bootloader has become adventure, I have bought the new Xiaomi 14 Global Version for 13 days. Immediately I started the process of unlocking with the community app where I have been a member for 7 years, the answer I received is 'again tried in 10 days' ie 30/4/24, I don't know if this is the catalytic date I am very disappointed...