Installing Xiaomi eu on redmi k40 gaming

Marcel1

Members
Nov 20, 2021
Hi,

I hope someone has some understanding that they are able to share with me.

I currently have a Redmi K40 gaming edition phone.
It's NFC seems to be disabled due to the current rom that it has which i believe is MIUI Global 12.5.5.0 Stable (RKJINXM) with the poco launcher.
It also does not pass the safetynet test at the cts profile match elemnt as well as not being certified in play protect.

I am hopeing that changing the rom will fix this however i do not see it on the supported list of phones.
Is this likely to still cause a problem or could the rom still work with a fastboot install?

Otherwise does anyone have any suggestions to get NFC working, pass safetynet tests and play protect?

Any help is much aprechiated.

Thanks,

Hello,

Xiaomi.eu doesn't support devices with a MediaTek (=Dimensity/Helio) chipset.

To get NFC working => Flash any "China" ROM version.

To pass SafetyNet => Use Magisk (root) -OR- Flash any "China" Stable ROM version (AND lock the bootloader).

;)

Hello,

Xiaomi.eu doesn't support devices with a MediaTek (=Dimensity/Helio) chipset.

To get NFC working => Flash any "China" ROM version.

To pass SafetyNet => Use Magisk (root) -OR- Flash any "China" Stable ROM version (AND lock the bootloader).

;)
Who is so fearless to do anything that you mentioned on a mediatek cpu?

Thank you for the advice,
Is there much diffrence between the current rom version that i have compared to the china version?
Basicly will i lose access to the google apps or anything else that may be needed?

I have found the rom from this site would you be able to confirm if it can be trusted to use it?
https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/miui/ares/

Thanks

Thank you for the advice,
Is there much diffrence between the current rom version that i have compared to the china version?
Basicly will i lose access to the google apps or anything else that may be needed?

I have found the rom from this site would you be able to confirm if it can be trusted to use it?
https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/miui/ares/

Thanks
The site is trusted. Install the fastboot version. China roms have more features that what you imagine. And google play services can be installed manually

Thank you, i will give that all a go now.
Aprechiate the help
Anytime
make sure that you've done everything properly otherwise you'll probably brick your device. MediaTek CPUs don't leave spaces for errors. Make sure you wont lock the bootloader in case of brick. You might be able to save it if you don't lock the bt

Hi all,

I have been able to download and boot into the chinese rom.
From what i can see there is a lot of settings that have been locked on it as well in terms of google and internet access to many sites.
I can see that the google play services is installed on the phone from the app settings but there is no google play app which i can actualy use.
i have tried downloading the a google play apk to install it that way but the phone won't install an "older version" that what is currently installed.

I am honestly not quite sure what to do to fix this.
I can see that the phone can be rooted using magisk but i am not sure how far that will get me as it seems that it will be stuck some chinese restrctions.
Would the root kit be able to unrestrict the internet too?

Thanks again

i am not sure if it may just be better to reinstall the poco F3 Rom and just live without NFC as I find using google apps and not having restrictions a nessesity

i am not sure if it may just be better to reinstall the poco F3 Rom and just live without NFC as I find using google apps and not having restrictions a nessesity
I would just live without NFC.
But you could also flash the newest Chinese ROM with NFC and then you just have to install Google Play Store from the "Get Apps" store which comes with the Chinese ROM. This also works fine. On YouTube there are many videos and guides on how to install it on the Chinese version.

Hi,

I hope someone has some understanding that they are able to share with me.

I currently have a Redmi K40 gaming edition phone.
It's NFC seems to be disabled due to the current rom that it has which i believe is MIUI Global 12.5.5.0 Stable (RKJINXM) with the poco launcher.
It also does not pass the safetynet test at the cts profile match elemnt as well as not being certified in play protect.

I am hopeing that changing the rom will fix this however i do not see it on the supported list of phones.
Is this likely to still cause a problem or could the rom still work with a fastboot install?

Otherwise does anyone have any suggestions to get NFC working, pass safetynet tests and play protect?

Any help is much aprechiated.

Thanks,
Hi,

Im currently using K40 gaming. I bought it from Giztop.com. It came with official Chinese Rom with Google services and Google play installed (from the "get apps"). With Chinese Rom, it was really smooth and fast.

However, i ran in some difficulties. I can not use google play (even though NFC can work). Notifications of gmail always come late about 2-5 minutes (Even though i did try manual refresh but nothing came up). Google assistant can not work at all but the Mi AI only works if you speak Mandarin.

I chose to use full screen means no 3 buttons at the bottom as navigation bar. It is really convenient but if you swipe up not near the bottom you easily launch the Mi AI search engine which is fully in Chinese.

Later, i decided to flash Global rom aka Indian rom on my k40 gaming. After done flashing, you can set up the phone as any other global version android phone. Sign in your google account and start back up everything from old device like apps, wifi settings, contacts, messages, calls history etc. The Indian rom is The only rom that is considerably global with k40 gaming NFC doesnt work as this rom is specifically for Poco F3 GT which is the global version of k40 gaming but this model is not featured with NFC.

With Indian rom, you can totally use any google apps, map, gmail, assistant. I have not experienced any Notifications delay ever since. One thing that make me so frustrated that Netflix is not working. When i launch the app it said there is a new update, i press update, then the whole phrase this app is not supported on your device in red! in Play store, the only thing i can do now is uninstall it. Others like prime video disney+ work.

One last bug with youtube that i experience is the screen stay dim forever when you enter full screen watching mode. I have to touch the screen like when you want to pause a video then touch it again and everything is normal. It is not terrible but sometimes annoying.

I hope the next version of poco f3 gt will have nfc so other k50 series users could use the rom and also have nfc. However, i really concern about privacy and security because we have to unlock bootloader on chinese device if we want to flash global rom. As doing that i red somewhere that with unlocked bootloader that phone security is weaker and it is easier for hacker to steal users information like banking. I think i rather do all my banking on my ipad or laptop or pc.
I also hope there will be an actual global version of gaming/e-sport enhanced k models with magnetic shoulder triggers. So no one has to struggle finding a compatible rom for it unless you want to try custom rom.