Instruction, How Root Your Mipad2

Papka__

Members
Mar 21, 2016
Pre-conditions - as in other instructions, you know what you are doing, you flashed TWRP http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/instruction-how-to-flash-twrp.30787/.

1. Download this archive - https://pucina.dedyn.io:8181/data/public/c3e708
2. Extract it somewhere on your PC (let's say c:\tabroot, let's call it N1)
3. Connect you tab to PC (Developer Options should be unblocked and USB Debugging turned on).
4. In Windows explorer, when tabroot (N1) folder opened press Shift and right mouse button and select "Open command window here".
5. Run root.bat and follow the instruction.

You will be rooted. Method work on any dev rom.

Another method - flash from TWRP. Use this archive for that https://pucina.dedyn.io:8181/data/public/5f2f07

Last edited:
i have this problem:

MDSTEAM
@guille9191
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

how can i fix this problem?

installed. in cmd i write fastbood devices and i see mipad. i have twrp, but i cant root :/ windows see mipad too. (windows10) when i install twrp i dont have any problem whit .bat

sory im noob ;) but adb its on!

You should boot into fastboot and run root.bat. same way how you installed native Android or TWRP.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I am not sure thaty you should be in fastboot.
It depends on root app - in my version of root app you should be in Miui. It should be visbible in adb devices (not in fastboot devices)

You're right. This also was not in my instruction. :) Mixed with another thread.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

By the way. Does anybody know why we have to root the Mipad 2 manually. Usually the Xiaomi.Eu Roms are prerooted.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

hi Papka, i rooted and then made a reflash to latest xiaomi.eu rom. now when i do this root procedure again, after the tablet restarts the supersu apk is missing. i install it from the playstore and it tells me no su binaries are installed ... what can be the problem?

hi Papka, i rooted and then made a reflash to latest xiaomi.eu rom. now when i do this root procedure again, after the tablet restarts the supersu apk is missing. i install it from the playstore and it tells me no su binaries are installed ... what can be the problem?

Updated post. Look at bottom part. Might help you. Try.

Does anyone know how to unroot agian? I've installed TWRP to install the xiaomi.eu roms, but some apps don't allow rooted devices.
Is there a way to unroot and use the dev roms? Or should I wait for a stable xiaomi.eu rom without root?

Try to install from Market. Then try to unroot. I suggest not update binaries. You might get bootloop. Have no idea if this will work. Also I heard that xiaomi.eu ROM not rooted by default.... Simple reflash of latest?

Thanks Papka.
I got a bootloop ;-) I was too fast and already tried it to flash with twrp.
But I reflashed the whole system again and now the system is working again.

If I used a root checker, it says that the system is not rooted, but some apps keeps telling me it's a rooted device.
I will contact the app dev of the apps that giving me this error.

Maybe it's due to usage of custom firmware... I can't recall now, but some days before I installed one app and got message that I'm using custom. Short memory. I don't know about Xposed, if it's possible to get on MiPad2. If yes - there is a module that hiding root from apps....

And I want to unroot my Mi Pad 2, how is this done? I did a full unroot with the installed supersu application and the Mi Pad 2 hangs now with the mi.com logo and does not start again. What do I need to do to get rid of this root stuff?

And I want to unroot my Mi Pad 2, how is this done? I did a full unroot with the installed supersu application and the Mi Pad 2 hangs now with the mi.com logo and does not start again. What do I need to do to get rid of this root stuff?

Probably manually only. Maybe I will add this to Universal tool.