Insufficient Storage available to install apps - SGS

yeechoong

Members
Dec 14, 2011
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S - I9000

I just installed miui_I9000_2.3.7a_4bhph9fgi7_2.3. Everything was perfect, then after I installed all the apps, my Google market starts giving me problems by saying that I have insufficient space to install apps when I have almost 1.7gb. I've tried booting into recovery to wipe dalvik cache and cache partition but with no help. Cleared all data and cache of market app as well.

Could someone help me. Thanks

C

Insufficient Storage available to install apps SGS

My laptop uses Win7 64-bit Home Premium and TVersity installed and runs fine.

How many times have you tried?...

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S - I9000

I just installed miui_I9000_2.3.7a_4bhph9fgi7_2.3. Everything was perfect, then after I installed all the apps, my Google market starts giving me problems by saying that I have insufficient space to install apps when I have almost 1.7gb. I've tried booting into recovery to wipe dalvik cache and cache partition but with no help. Cleared all data and cache of market app as well.

Could someone help me. Thanks

C

I have had this happen. The only thing that worked for me was to, redownload the rom and reflash it. I did a complete wipe including /system and then flashed the rom. Everything else I tried did not seem to fix it. Good luck.

It happens because of the limited size of the cache partition on the Galaxy S.
There's a mod available that's lets you set a virtual partition, available from XDA.