Internal Phone Storage corrupted

l1nuxgeek

Members
Apr 17, 2014
Hi,
I am running MIUI V13 on HongMi. After connecting the phone to my laptop via USB, my phone rebooted and the phone complains that the SD Card is corrupted. I checked and found that the "Phone Storage" is not there any more.

Question 1: Do I go ahead to reformat the Phone Storage?
Question 2: Is it a bug on USB connection?

Thanks
Ryan

Did you go ahead & reformat? Had the same problem here & recovered all my files via PC, reformatted & put everything back & all seems OK again. Ran into this when adding & deleting files on emmc & external SD but not sure if it's down to my setup or a genuine bug though?

Sent from my 2013023 using Tapatalk

Probably it's possible to check and repair the file system if you have a linux system on a PC. Just plug your phone on the PC USB port, as the file system is corrupted linux will not mount it, but you will be able to check end repair it with the fsck command (# fsck -y -f /dev/s???) .
You can know the name of the partition device (/dev/s???) by enter the 'dmesg' command just after plugin the phone.

I have reformated the internal phone storage. I ran into this when trying to copy files out of my sd card and somehow it corrupted the internal phone storage. I read from this forum that some users had the exact same problem, the conclusion is this is probably a bug on usb.

Thanks to all of u who replied. Appreciate it.