Is flashing a custom ROM worth anymore?

evildick

Members
Sep 2, 2021
I would really like to try xiaomi.eu on mi 10T, but it needs open boot loader, which can be detected, and then all app's don't work.
Yes I know you can use magisk and have an eternal battle with safety net while some apps still refuse to work (Mcdonalds is a good example).

I would really like to try xiaomi.eu on mi 10T, but it needs open boot loader, which can be detected, and then all app's don't work.
Yes I know you can use magisk and have an eternal battle with safety net while some apps still refuse to work (Mcdonalds is a good example).
All recent Xiaomi.eu ROMs are passing SafetyNet's tests so:

- You don't need Magisk to trick SafetyNet.

- All apps should work but some apps are also checking files/folders name - like "TWRP" folder - in root of phone's storage (deleting/renaming this folder and it's fine... ^^).

;)

Reactions: geoorg
All recent Xiaomi.eu ROMs are passing SafetyNet's tests so:

- You don't need Magisk to trick SafetyNet.

- All apps should work but some apps are also checking files/folders name - like "TWRP" folder - in root of phone's storage (deleting/renaming this folder and it's fine... ^^).

;)
Thanks for the fast reply ^^
Can you confirm that the devil's app, Mcdonalds, works?
Also is it possible to go back to stock rom after flashing xiaomi.eu ?

Can you confirm that the devils app, Mcdonalds, works?
"McDo+" app is working fine (I have Magisk so I also need to "hide" this app with the MagiskHide feature). :)

You can go back to stock ROM and relock the bootloader with Mi Flash tool (computer software) of course. ;)

Reactions: geoorg and osnix
"McDo+" app is working fine (I have Magisk so I also need to "hide" this app with the MagiskHide feature). :)

You can go back to stock ROM and relock the bootloader with Mi Flash tool (computer software) of course. ;)
Or flash a stock fastboot ROM using the script to lock.

Can you confirm that the devil's app, Mcdonalds, works?
You should give it a try instead of asking lots of questions :)

Reactions: Poney70
You should give it a try instead of asking lots of questions :)
If I just give it a try and want to revert back later, then I risk bricking the phone because I need to lock the bootloader while flashing the ROM. Sounds too risky to me.

Yes, you don't have to lock, but without it is not the same.

Also there are a lot of posts where people's safety net has just suddenly stopped working, so risking all those critical apps to stop working at any given moment doesn't sound too good.

If I just give it a try and want to revert back later, then I risk bricking the phone because I need to lock the bootloader while flashing the ROM. Sounds too risky to me.

Yes, you don't have to lock, but without it is not the same.

Also there are a lot of posts where people's safety net has just suddenly stopped working, so risking all those critical apps to stop working at any given moment doesn't sound too good.
This is a dev rom :) as such expect to take risks when flashing, the same goes when flashing any ROM, Software is not 100% perfect ever, with that in mind take the appropriate precautions and ensure you have working backups/restore points.

Reactions: JiaiJ and Poney70
Again, it is the same with any product, if you choose to fixate on the issues, you won't do anything. Just check how much people come here asking for help for issues on the official ROMS. For the few people who complain in the forums, there are also thousand enjoying happily the ROM...
Being rash with your device is not simply just smart. Also, it is not just a toy but a valuable and expensive tool that you need to use every day.

I know you guys are full on xiaomi.eu crack, but prolonged and STABLE user experience matters to some people, no matter if it would work NOW flawlessly, the question is, how consistent is the safety net passing for the future, and I guess no one can answer that yet, but we can look at the past... So for example in the past 1-2 years if we take some Xiaomi phone with xiaomi.eu rom, how many times safety net got broken? These are the questions.

Being rash with your device is not simply just smart. Also, it is not just a toy but a valuable and expensive tool that you need to use every day.

I know you guys are full on xiaomi.eu crack, but prolonged and STABLE user experience matters to some people, no matter if it would work NOW flawlessly, the question is, how consistent is the safety net passing for the future, and I guess no one can answer that yet, but we can look at the past... So for example in the past 1-2 years if we take some Xiaomi phone with xiaomi.eu rom, how many times safety net got broken? These are the questions.
I never had any issue with safety net on the weekly with my Mi Note 10 for example. Of course, if you focus on stability, maybe flashing recklessly every weekly beta on release day is not for you, and the stable Xiaomi.eu is a better choice.