Is there a difference between China based .eu ROM and Global based .eu ROM?

zUltra

Members
Jan 9, 2022
I'm planning to buy a Mi 11 Lite 5G NE and wanted to be sure I can install xiaomi.eu on it but when I checked the ROM base, it said it was China, and not Global like my Redmi Note 10. Is there any difference between the two ROM bases or are they the same ROM in the end?

Similar, but not the same. Some of the system apps are Global variants, probably with limited functionality but adapted for international users.
China ROM base is generally a safer bet.

You mean the china ROM based phone is a better buy or is it ok to flash MIUI EU 13 stable rom from MIUI 12 Global based phone? Thanks in advance!
really like EU rom with my mi 9

You mean the china ROM based phone is a better buy or is it ok to flash MIUI EU 13 stable rom from MIUI 12 Global based phone? Thanks in advance!
really like EU rom with my mi 9
I was talking about the fact that the Mi 11 Lite 5G NE's eu rom is based on the rom of the Mi 11 LE (the chinese version of the NE). I flashed it on my NE a few days ago, and I think it's better than the eu rom on my Redmi Note 10 because it has the new app vault and the MIUI 13 widgets unlike the note 10 rom, not sure if it's the same for other global eu roms. Flashing took a bit longer due to 2 more 'super' images and really took a long time flashing super 4/9, also flashing from stock 12.5 (i think 12 would work too) to eu 13 works perfectly, you just have to run the first install script instead of the update script.

Reactions: Johnathan Tu
I was talking about the fact that the Mi 11 Lite 5G NE's eu rom is based on the rom of the Mi 11 LE (the chinese version of the NE). I flashed it on my NE a few days ago, and I think it's better than the eu rom on my Redmi Note 10 because it has the new app vault and the MIUI 13 widgets unlike the note 10 rom, not sure if it's the same for other global eu roms. Flashing took a bit longer due to 2 more 'super' images and really took a long time flashing super 4/9, also flashing from stock 12.5 (i think 12 would work too) to eu 13 works perfectly, you just have to run the first install script instead of the update script.
I have already flashed to Miui EU 13 stable from Miui Global 12.5.4 stable and flashed the modem.img from Global ROM since my phone came with it and i was trying out for battery life which is not very different from Global but user experience is smoother on EU rom definitely and there is auto record all calls which is a big plus for me

Similar, but not the same. Some of the system apps are Global variants, probably with limited functionality but adapted for international users.
China ROM base is generally a safer bet.
Why does it exists? I thought all xiaomi.eu are based on China rom?