Issue when updating to latest weekly ROM

iAmaury

Members
Sep 2, 2021
Hi there.

So, I've been searching an answer to this issue for three days now, and I am fairly new to this so I'm quite lost.
I own a Mi 11, with MIUI 12.6 21.8.26 (weekly) on it.

I downloaded the latest version through the Updater (MIUI 12.6 21.9.1).
I press "Verify MD5 and update" button, which then reboots and opens TWRP.
However, on TWRP, it asks me to decrypt data. Whenever I put my pattern, it just fails though I put the correct one. If I disable the pattern, it asks for my passcode, which also fails. And whenever I totally disable the lock screen, then try to update, it just goes to the TWRP without doing the update itself.

So my question is, how could I update to 21.9.1 without wiping all of my data? Is there a default encryption password or something I did wrong when flashing to 21.8.26?

Have a nice day ❤

Hello :)

About the TWRP currently available for Mi 11 (venus), this TWRP can't automatically install a ROM update.

So you need to manually install it in TWRP. You should be able to find the downloaded ROM file (zip file) in "/data/media/0" folder. ;)

After ROM installation, reboot your device and voilà!

Nice day you too! ^^

• Love
Reactions: iAmaury and JiaiJ
Hello :)

About the TWRP currently available for Mi 11 (venus), this TWRP can't automatically install a ROM update.

So you need to manually install it in TWRP. You should be able to find the downloaded ROM file (zip file) in "/data/media/0" folder. ;)

After ROM installation, reboot your device and voilà!

Nice day you too! ^^
Oh that's why I'm facing issues with TWRP!

So I just need to go in Install, find the downloaded ROM, flash it and it will be updated with my data still on phone, right?