MI 10T Pro: Update from 12.6 (21.7.28) weekly to 14.0.5.0 stable without losing data

helicon

Members
Dec 28, 2021
Can I directly update from 12.6 (21.7.28) weekly to 14.0.5.0 stable without wiping any data? Or should I update first to a MIUI 13 stable version to make a smoother transition? Thanks.

Can I directly update from 12.6 (21.7.28) weekly to 14.0.5.0 stable without wiping any data? Or should I update first to a MIUI 13 stable version to make a smoother transition? Thanks.
Switching from weekly to stable rom is not an update, it's a downgrade. You need to delete data

• Haha
Reactions: MeiGuddet
This was said to me from a staff manager more than 2 years ago when I wanted to switch from a july weekly to a december stable (I never updated): "It's most likely a downgrade. We used the "12.6" version to give you the hint that Stables are normally months old in terms of code base, it doesn't matter if it was released after the particular Weekly (an exception would be if the Stable was released like a year after the Weekly you're using)."

So, understanding that in this case weekly 12.6 to stable 14 is an upgrade, I only want to know if I should to update to MIUI 13 first because sometimes it's better to go through major versions in-between in terms of compatibility.

I know you have good intentions but my reasons and questions are just written in the comments. Please read them. I just want to know if I can upgrade directly to MIUI 14 or I should update to MIUI 13 first (and 14 after that) because I don't want to wipe data and maybe could be some issues jumping from 12 to 14. I think official OTAs often go through every major release to avoid problems. Thanks.

I know you have good intentions but my reasons and questions are just written in the comments. Please read them. I just want to know if I can upgrade directly to MIUI 14 or I should update to MIUI 13 first (and 14 after that) because I don't want to wipe data and maybe could be some issues jumping from 12 to 14. I think official OTAs often go through every major release to avoid problems. Thanks.
I don't think there will be a problem since even system-wide applications will be updated. But if you want to leave it to chance or test MIUI 13, it's up to you.