Issues with my WCDMA phone.

Haresh

Members
Jul 6, 2014
Hello. I bought a Redmi Note from China through Aliexpress. It is a WCDMA version. I have few issues.
1. SIM card doesnt get detected. I can see all my contacts but the network doesnt show up. It says "Emergency calls only"
2. The MIUI version on my phone is MIUI-JHECNBA12.0. Where as if i check the latest MIUI download in the xiaomi website, it is JHDCNBE23.0. I tried to download this ROM and flash and even after flash it can see old version only(JHECNBA12.0). What surprises me is that the ROM version JHECNBA12.0 is TD version's first released ROM.
3. When i checked if the Redmi note is original or fake by entering IMEI no and serial no, i can that the date of purchase and place of purchase is displayed. But below it there is a note which says as " As described receiving information does not match with your personal information, please confirm whether the official channels of the purchase."

Can you all please help me to sort these issues. Should i keep the phone or you recommend to return it.

Goto setting, about and it will shown:
e7unapar.jpg

Sim card 1 will have wcdma marking.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1404650662142.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1404650662142.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 397
i too bought the phone from aliexpress and got the same problem
what should i do know

@sbm99999 yes exactly. Even I bought from her. Its a 100% fake device. I told Her today but she said she will check with her team and get back to me tomorrow. Meanwhile I installed antutu x and confirmed that its a fake. It has 540x960 only.

Is ur phone detecting the Sim card?

no
it's not
this was my first and last phone from aliexpress
s**t man..
screen looks awesome though :p
n reset your phone them your sim will start working..
r you from india?
if yes then whatsapp me your number
we will beat the s**t out of her
we will get our money back

check this out
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

stay away from aliexpress, it's just like Amazon store but too many faked and incorrect advertising. If you want to claim for money back and good luck.
-More than half of Xiaomi products online are faked. Xiaomi failed to certified which stores sell genuine product. Most of Xiaomi stores not shipping offshore, we are now buy at our own risk.

But can any1 help us how to remove this existing ROM with version JHECNBA12.0 and replace with the latest version JHDCNBE23.0??

This will be of real help to everyone who were cheated.

I tried everything and after every restart i get the same ROM(JHECNBA12.0)

But can any1 help us how to remove this existing ROM with version JHECNBA12.0 and replace with the latest version JHDCNBE23.0??

This will be of real help to everyone who were cheated.

I tried everything and after every restart i get the same ROM(JHECNBA12.0)
if you can boot to recovery, then downloaded the 23 romantic and flashed it through recovery, else you had to fellow this: http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/sp-flash-tool-guide-unbrick-your-device.24488/page-3#post-214492

Send from my C6903 using TapatalkPro
my SG device: Z1 rooted 136 ROM by NUT with 2.7.123 xzdualrecovery, mod by GavityBox 3.1.1 [JB]
Samsung S2 in sleeping mode.

You can follow the procedure as below. I hope it works for you.

1. Fist of all Root your Redmi Note. Find rooting instructions here
2. Then install the custom Recovery (TWRP) on your note. Get it here. (download and save it in sd card)
3. Use Mobiluncle Tools to flash the recovery image from Sd card. Link for mobile recovery tools : here
(the instructions on using mobile uncle tools can be viewed here :
4. Download the latest ROM from the xiaomi official site and save it to SD card. Then reboot to custom recovery using mobile uncle tools and install this ROM via custom recovery (TWRP).
Be sure to backup any personal data from the internal memory and factory reset before install, after install then wipe cache and dalvik then reboot.
(You can search Google for getting instructions on using TWRP)
I am not responsible for any damage caused to you. So, please do solely at your own your risk!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: timberwolf60
just buy from legit store, people! buying cheap getting ripped off! the phone is already bang for buck and still people!!