Its Dangerous Try To Install The New 5.10.22 Update Without Twrp

vicape92

Members
Oct 21, 2015
I wanted to keep if its possible the stock recovery.

Thanks a lot!

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 2 mediante Tapatalk

If you update to 5.10.15/16/22 you can't update anymore without TWRP.
Now you know, you can choose ;)

~ Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Prime ~

Reactions: alfiogardenia
If you update to 5.10.15/16/22 you can't update anymore without TWRP.
Now you know, you can choose ;)

Do not understand this, do not have twrp and have updated the ROMs you mention, downloaded onto my PC then into phone storage, went to update, 3 dots top right then selected choose update and updated fine

I just updated my Redmi Note 2 Prime from 5.9.24 → 5.10.22 using the „Updater„ app. Works perfectly fine.

I've updated well the phone using the stock recovery with update app that comes into miui. I think that since the 5.10.15 the users can't do a downgrade without TWRP but the update seems work

Hi I'm new to Miui and have just got a Redmi Note 2 from Gizchinashop. It came preinstalled with the xiaomi.eu 5.9.24 rom. Can I then just download the 5.10.22 rom copy it to the internal storage and fire up the updater app? Sorry for being a newbie far more used to Nexus.

Hi I'm new to Miui and have just got a Redmi Note 2 from Gizchinashop. It came preinstalled with the xiaomi.eu 5.9.24 rom. Can I then just download the 5.10.22 rom copy it to the internal storage and fire up the updater app? Sorry for being a newbie far more used to Nexus.
Yes.
But for the next updates you need TWRP recovery

Hi, I upgraded to 5.10.15 with the developer by miui.it Mirecovery; I had a stable Roma (66.77.44.00) installed by Grossoshop on my Redmi Notes 2 Prime ... everything went ok ... I know that now I'll have to install the TWRP, that is still better than Mirecovery! Greetings