Jelly Bean for MI-One?

ahirsch29

Members
Aug 19, 2011
I have read somewhere that we will get Jelly bean... Is that true? Can you confirm that? That would be awesome :)

Yes it will get jelly bean when the drivers/system are updated from qualcomm so it support jelly bean :)

A question might you're not able to answer: to having official drivers from Qualcomm means that MIUI for MIs phones will has Project Butter?

My One S runs so so so fast with ICS even with the massive CPU underclocked to 1.3 so having Project Butter would be so freakin awesome.

Lol. Project Butter is part of the Jellybean framework. Only custom roms on older devices using hacked together drivers can have JB and no butter. As MIUI is either based on stock Roms or IS the stock Rom, it always will have native JB drivers for the JB versions.

Lol. Project Butter is part of the Jellybean framework. Only custom roms on older devices using hacked together drivers can have JB and no butter. As MIUI is either based on stock Roms or IS the stock Rom, it always will have native JB drivers for the JB versions.

Ok, didn't know that, sorry!

when you said that we need to wait for Qualcomm JB drivers for the M1 S
it is for the Dual Core qualcomm only , we can use the drivers from the M2 quad core version
Miui China did tell that the JB rom will be available ?

seems not since they haven't released and no info about it has come out :( They might have it for testing or something but publicly its not yet released

when you said that we need to wait for Qualcomm JB drivers for the M1 S
it is for the Dual Core qualcomm only , we can use the drivers from the M2 quad core version
Miui China did tell that the JB rom will be available ?

The already answered but anyway I'll explain a little more. The Qualcomm 8000 that's inside the Mi-1 is a completely different architecture than the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro inside the Mi-2. I had read some articles saying that some testing Mi-1's were spot with Jelly Bean, but there's nothing official so far.