Jelly bean on my nexus need to information on use

susieq

Members
Aug 21, 2012
I just put the new jelly bean from MIUI on my phone. I have some questions about the os.
First when I open it up I cannot get to the all app screen. Is there one or do I need to go to settings to find all my apps? I see the widgets and found how to get to them.
When I open the browser I can see my email account and their is another name that I cannot delete Xiaomi?
Do the widgets resize themselves like on the ICS jellybean?
Is there a way to go into my email and speak an email offline and send later.
Also what is the terminal emulator can I delete this from my phone?

MIUI does not have an application drawer like most ROMS. It's more iOS like in the sense that all apps have icons on the screen that you can organise into folders. Widgets can be manually sized, but I'm not sure about automatically. Xiaomi is the company that created MIUI. Not sure what you meant about seeing email in the browser, could you please elaborate a bit more?

The only way I can think of to dictate and send emails later would be to compose a new email and then open your keyboard. On most keyboards there is a microphone icon. Speak your email into that and let it translate for you. Then save the email as a draft and send it later. I'm not sure if there is an "auto send later" function in the default email apps, but there is always the market if not.

When I open the browser icon it shows my google bookmarks. I see account and I also see above it the Xiaomi account?

I'm not seeing that, but you can create a Xiaomi account and sync data for different apps similar to a Google account. It is getting to the point where you can use MIUI without a Google account completely if you desired to keep your info with Xiaomi instead. You can also use your Xiaomi account to encrypt your backups using the Backup tool that cones with MIUI or use 5gb of midrive in file explorer application. Midrive is similar to Google Drive or Drop box.

I'm not seeing that, but you can create a Xiaomi account and sync data for different apps similar to a Google account. It is getting to the point where you can use MIUI without a Google account completely if you desired to keep your info with Xiaomi instead. You can also use your Xiaomi account to encrypt your backups using the Backup tool that cones with MIUI or use 5gb of midrive in file explorer application. Midrive is similar to Google Drive or Drop box.