Just Wondering......

tater630

Members
Dec 6, 2010
So while I'm waiting on the new GB D1 MIUI I went back and now I'm running one of the olddddddd builds with the lockscreen from...October I think.. anyways I was wondering why miui went off in a different direction?? Because this build seems to be running flawless for 2 days now. Granted it doesn't have all the cool features and stuff like the music controls from the lockscreen nor does it have miui music, and all the themeing options....

Sent from my Droid using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Generally speaking, MIUI is usually based on development first - get all the features done and then work on stability. This isn't a real problem if you decide to downgrade (or in this case, downflash...hehehe) but you lack all the functionality if you choose to do so. So, once most of the 3rd Edition UI, MIUI-Native apps, and things such as that are added, then they will work on speed.

So while I'm waiting on the new GB D1 MIUI I went back and now I'm running one of the olddddddd builds with the lockscreen from...October I think.. anyways I was wondering why miui went off in a different direction?? Because this build seems to be running flawless for 2 days now. Granted it doesn't have all the cool features and stuff like the music controls from the lockscreen nor does it have miui music, and all the themeing options....

Sent from my Droid using the miui-dev.com Forums App

It worked flawlessly because there was about sevenish months of work and polish on the same platform.

This one is...depending on your phone, two-to-four weeks on a brand new platform.

It didn't go off in a new direction. It went onto a new platform. In a few months, this won't be an issue.

Oh, plus, there are still many many applications that have issues with 2.3 and aren't optimized for it, simply because FroYo (2.2) is by and large, the most used build out there. Crap, there are still people who are waiting for 2.2. to drop and getting excited that it is.