[KERNEL][GPL] franco.Kernel - r203

M1cha

Members
May 29, 2011
THIS IS NOT MY WORK.
IT's a port from this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-4/orig-development/kernel-franco-kernel-r201-t2002782
This is for CM11...

franciscofranco;34375927 said:
Hey all. I hate bloated OP's so this is a simple one.
Changelog is somewhere in a link below.

Download:
4.4: http://d-h.st/users/M1cha/?fld_id=32416#files

How to flash the Kernel:
fastboot flash boot image_name
or
flash the zip in the recovery

Source:
https://github.com/M1cha/android_kernel_xiaomi_aries/commits/franco-4.4

Kernel changelog:
4.4: http://192.241.177.15/Nexus4/4.4/appfiles/changelog.xml

Don't bother asking for this as I will ignore you:
- GPU overclock
- Lower UV limit (default is 700mV)
- Lower CPU frequencies (minimum is 384MHz)
- sleep2wake
- Stupid governors
- MIUI support

F.A.Q. - Read this before complaining!
1. My phone exploded, HALP!

A: I don't answer to problems without a log. The log file is in /proc/last_kmsg. Paste it on pastie.org and link it on your post. Logcats are useless for Kernel purposes, don't bother posting them.
2. This kernel works on Y or X rom?
A: Doesn't work with CM or any derivates due to their irresponsibility of using a different hardware composer which needs patches that break stock rom users. Use a different rom and don't bother me.
3. OMG BETTARY SUCKZ, IT DEAD IN 45 MINUTAS, HALP!
A: As you can imagine I don't build kernels to decrease battery life. All the battery life problems come from your apps, either Facebook, or Maps, or some Location Service being enabled etc etc. Check your damn wakelocks and fix them, the kernel is not responsible for them.
4. How do I flash this?
A: Reading the OP, theres a reason why I added instructions on it.
5. What is a data loss? Did I just had one?
A: Data loss is simply having the connection cut for X periods of time, usually few seconds. Grey bars means the device is not connected to Google services for some weird reason, but you'll still have internet connection.
6. OP is arrogant, I'm gonna call the Internet Police?
A: Deal with it.
7. Touch Control doesn't work in rXXX release, you suckas, fix plixe!
A: I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for a fix, I can tell you I don't have the solution. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you leave now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I ignore you.
8. My Wi-Fi is borked, doesn't turn on, haz gray bars, drains battary and killed my parrot. Fix plz."
A: This Kernel has stock Wi-Fi drivers, same as stock Kernel. The problem is YOU and YOU alone. Probably installed some wtf Kernel with some wtf Wi-Fi drivers. News flash, fix your derp and stop spamming this thread with nonsense. By the way, gray bars only means you're not connected to Google servers, but your Wi-Fi works just fine.

[YOUTUBE]Exa1YpTrt7A[/YOUTUBE]

oh, thats fine. :)

had the franco kernel on my gnex and it worked nice there, now just flashed it on my mi2. :)

flashed it in cwm to system2 (system2 = michas CM11 2014-01-25)
wiped cache&dalvik
my phone boots to "unlock sim", then reboots, reboots, reboots, reb..

without simcard reboot on homescreen

atm i try to get the /proc/last_kmsg log somehow

mi2 32gb

edit:
wiped system1
installed CM11 2014-01-25 on system1
installed CM gappson system1
installed franco kernel on system1
and it seems to work now properly :)

but i still don't know what is wrong with system2, i even can't find a file named /proc/last_kmsg .. only /proc/kmsg

Last edited:
I'm glad to see this only this morning, because I wouldn't sleep testing it.

Great port and job with our Mi-2

Standard governor is performance, if I change to interactive , phone reboot

Отправлено с моего MI 2 через Tapatalk

It works fine for me (cm 11 on system0 build 02-02-14)

Sent from my nexus 7

Hi,

First thx for the work M1cha

Not working for me with the 25 build and Franco... on system1

Thx

@kirikoro i dont think that battery life is good with performance governor :/ w8 until m1cha fix this :)

Inviato dal mio MI 2S utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: kirikoro