LAST WEEKLY OR STABLE? WHICH VERSION TO STAY ON?

rbarat

Members
Apr 17, 2019
Since the support for weekly ROM versions has ended for Mi Max 3, I have a dilemma on which version to stay.

There are:
- latest weekly version from 9/4/2020 -> 20.9.4, it's MIUI 12.1, everything works, I have it now in the phone
- latest stable version from 8/14/2020 -> V12.0.1.0.QEDCNXM, label is marked as MIUI 11, probably an error

Does anyone have the latest stable version installed?
I don't know if it's worth trying to upgrade to the stable version from the last weekly version.

Weekly ROMS: https://www.miuios.cz/download-weekly.php -> Last weekly download
Stable ROMs: https://www.miuios.cz/download-stable.php -> Last stable download

Last edited:
Reactions: AgustinCordoba
I installed the stable version about a month ago, and aside from my audio needing to be restarted a few minutes after the app starts (it just stops playing and I need to hit the play button again), I find it to be ok.

Btw this stopping occurs in all audio apps that I've tried so it is not app specific. I've turned off battery optimization on all of them, but this problem still recurs.

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

I am on 20.7.23 weekly (miui 12.1)

Mi Max 3 has rollback protection, so I think the stable version should be newer then the weekly version.
I was hoping for a new latest stable version, but I don't know if it's coming.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-02-09-37-14-748_pl.zdunex25.updater.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-11-02-09-37-14-748_pl.zdunex25.updater.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 320
Latest weekly is 20.9.4.
Screenshot_2020-11-02-09-54-01-314_pl.zdunex25.updater.jpg
I read somewhere, next stable for Max3 will come soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: dribibu
Yes thanks, I know I am still waiting for a newer stable rom, when it is not coming I will use that newest weekly rom.

I was on the latest. EU weekly release. Everything was great, except for very poor response on the new Command Centre. The icons in the Command Centre seldom reacted to a touch the first time. Often 3 to 4 touches were required before the icon reacted. It was extremely frustrating. This was a problem with all versions of the Weekly releases. I did clear all data a few times, but this problem persisted.

I ran the "stable" EU release for a few weeks, also after a factory reset. The Command Centre problem was still as evident as with the Weeklys. The stable version also became generally laggy after 4 to 5 days. A restart of the phone always cleared this, but the lagging always returned.

2 weeks ago I loaded the official Xiaomi release MIUI Global 12.0.1 QEDMIXM (not the EU rom). I switched off the Recommendations in the Xiaomi apps to switch off the renowned advertising. The phone is now very well behaved. The Command Centre response is great. The phone is operating normally. I still get 11 to 12 house of screen-on time.

I don't know why, but for some reason my phone does not like the EU rom.

Last edited:
I was on the latest. EU weekly release. Everything was great, except for very poor response on the new Command Centre. The icons in the Command Centre seldom reacted to a touch the first time. Often 3 to 4 touches were required before the icon reacted. It was extremely frustrating. This was a problem with all versions of the Weekly releases. I did clear all data a few times, but this problem persisted.

I ran the "stable" EU release for a few weeks, also after a factory reset. The Command Centre problem was still as evident as with the Weeklys. The stable version also became generally laggy after 4 to 5 days. A restart of the phone always cleared this, but the lagging always returned.

2 weeks ago I loaded the official Xiaomi release MIUI Global 12.0.1 QEDMIXM (not the EU rom). I switched off the Recommendations in the Xiaomi apps to switch off the renowned advertising. The phone is now very well behaved. The Command Centre response is great. The phone is operating normally. I still get 11 to 12 house of screen-on time.

I don't know why, but for some reason my phone does not like the EU rom.

Same here with a Lavender (Note 7)... How do you go back to factory ROM?

Same here with a Lavender (Note 7)... How do you go back to factory ROM?
Downloaded the official firmware (zip) to my SD card.
Booted to the previously installed Orange TWRP recovery.
Formatted DATA via Orange TWRP
Flashed the official firmware via Orange TWRP.
Cleaned cache and dalvic.
Rebooted.

All is working fine

PS. The MIUI12 Global room for Lavender is now available. My wife's Note7 recently updated.

Reactions: dantahoua