Latest Released Weekly Rom For Redmi 4 Prime

Medrano

Members
Aug 1, 2016
Hello, I have the weekly ROM installed but I only update it from time to time (there was no Stable build when I installed it so I had to install weekly).
I want to update it now, but because of MIUI 9 (I guess) the updates for my phone are frozen and I cannot find the latest weekly ROM released for Redmi 4 Prime, could you help me with that?

Another related question, I'll probably change to stable build when it gets released with MIUI 9. To change from weekly to stable I need to install it as a different ROM and wipe the data, right? No way of changing it with the updater without losing my apps, configurations etc, right?

Thank you.

The latest weekly for Redmi 4 Pro (Prime markw) is 7.6.8... What is yours?
Releated miui v9.x.x, be patient, when the time comes you will be directed for 'how to'...

MIUI 9 for Prime is expected some time in September so just a few weeks. The last weekly was 7.6.8. I can upload that somewhere for you if you want it? I'm running it now and it works fine.

As far as I know (I haven't done it, I've stuck with the weeklies) it's not a good idea to change from weekly to stable without a full wipe. It can cause problems.

And also, when MIUI 9 is released I'll probably wait a few iterations for the bugs to be ironed out and then do a clean install.

Miui9 has been at least 2 weeks in closed china beta, so it probably won't be long before it is released to public and we can have xiaomi.eu version.

Miui9 has been at least 2 weeks in closed china beta, so it probably won't be long before it is released to public and we can have xiaomi.eu version.
No two weeks. First update for 3 part phones is on this Monday in close beta team. I'm beta test and i know.

Sent from my MI 5C using Tapatalk

4x note has the same hardware as red 4 pro / prime. Note 4x has Android 7 but Redmi4 prime, no. Can you put the rom of Notes 4 x on Redmi4 prime?

Miui 9 works very well, but how to integrate Android 7 was even better. I think it's possible.

Last edited:
4x note has the same hardware as red 4 pro / prime. Note 4x has Android 7 but Redmi4 prime, no. Can you put the rom of Notes 4 x on Redmi4 prime?

Miui 9 works very well, but how to integrate Android 7 was even better. I think it's possible.

Product have name like marw and Note 4x its not the same , you can brick the phone for sure

If Xiaomi don't care , I get other project , AOSP its original project this name of Launchers are just marketing .

MIUI 9 for Prime is expected some time in September so just a few weeks. The last weekly was 7.6.8. I can upload that somewhere for you if you want it? I'm running it now and it works fine.

As far as I know (I haven't done it, I've stuck with the weeklies) it's not a good idea to change from weekly to stable without a full wipe. It can cause problems.

And also, when MIUI 9 is released I'll probably wait a few iterations for the bugs to be ironed out and then do a clean install.
Thanks for the offer and sorry for late answer. As MIUI 9 is already out, I'll try it.

Miui 9 works very well. It feels very good a speed boost. It really does not feel the need for Android 7. Being based on Android 6 Xposed modules works OK.

Last edited:
After this time using MIUI 9, I have to say that not much has changed from MIUI 8, but it feels like it's better.
I haven't encountered any bug so far, and I feel like the battery life has improved a little bit. What I mainly miss from not having Android 7is the feature for opening 2 apps at the same time in the screen.

I don't update my ROM weekly, tho. Last one I installed is 7.10.12