Locked Bootloader After Miui 8 Installation.

ediazf

Members
Nov 10, 2016
Hey guys! My redmi 3s came with a weird version of miui 7 that wouldn't auto update or upgrade by the "upgrade package" and zip file method, so I managed to get international miui 8 global stable 8.0.3 (MALMIDG) via MIFLASH.

Now I am trying to install the version you guys provide because I read that it is much more ram efficient and thats my only problem with the device. Can't even answer a phone call without some apps reloading.

I was trying to install TWRP just to realize that my, previously unlocked bootloader, is now locked.

Its been 3 to 4 weeks since I applyed with my phone number on the official xiaomi site and nothing happens. Tried multiple times...

Any help?

THANKS! hope my english isin't too bad.

It seems flashing any official ROM with MiFlash always relocks the bootloader, is that true? Can anyone confirm?

@ediazf , did you unlock your bootloader yourself before?

It seems flashing any official ROM with MiFlash always relocks the bootloader, is that true? Can anyone confirm?

nope, it came unlocked from the seller (ebay unknown seller, not any kind of official one).

Yes for me. I bought mine from geekbuying and it was unlocked (it showed unlocked in adb). I flashed official stable using Miflah and it has relocked the bootloader.
I had to officially unlock it again to be able to install TWRP and xiaomi.eu roms.

Reactions: Jaime DLH

My phone came locked,i had to aply permission to unlock ,and i unlocked for the first time without any essue!
After flashing stock rom with MiFlashBeta tool it dasen't relock the bootloader, it remain unlocked for me ,(tried 2 times stil unlocked) .
But don't forget flashing stock rom removes custom recovery like TWRP !

Reactions: Jaime DLH
just cant get the official unlock message. any help? been waiting almost a month now. tried several times every two days :(