Lockscreen Customization?

pr17

Members
Mar 9, 2011
First of all, this is my first post, just wanted to say thanks to all the MIUI developers. I have really enjoyed using MIUI on my Nexus one.

Basically I really like the lockscreen as it is, but I would love to customize it further. It reminds me of the Windows Phone 7/Zune HD lockscreens.

What I want to know is:

- How to edit the text size of the clock, date, etc
- Add more widgets/notifications, currently there is just the phone & text, I'd like e-mail in there as well

Any of this possible?

What h_zee13 said.

There are other things you can do to change the appearance of the lockscreen. Check out the themes posted here and in the online section of Theme Manager app to see some examples.

I've been wondering about this too. I checked out the themes and downloaded a few but the style of the slider always stays the same. I'm stuck with this one regardless of how the one in the theme looks. Do you think maybe it's the version I'm on? I downloaded 1.3.25 to my DHD yesterday so I'm still new to this.

First of all, this is my first post, just wanted to say thanks to all the MIUI developers. I have really enjoyed using MIUI on my Nexus one.

Basically I really like the lockscreen as it is, but I would love to customize it further. It reminds me of the Windows Phone 7/Zune HD lockscreens.

What I want to know is:

- How to edit the text size of the clock, date, etc
- Add more widgets/notifications, currently there is just the phone & text, I'd like e-mail in there as well

Any of this possible?

none of the above is possible at the moment

Not entirely true, the text size and font style of the lock screen clock are nothing but images (png) inside of "/system/framework/framework-res/res/drawable-hdpi/". The files are named "lock_screen_bar_time_0.png" through "lock_screen_bar_time_9.png".

You can edit those if you wish to change the style of the lock screen clock. Which really, really, really disappoints me. It was so easy to just change my system fonts and have nearly all fonts match perfectly (except for the clock on MIUI weather, which I could deal with). Now it's going to be a pain to find/create a Comfortaa font style lock screen clock. I'm not new to making small edits in photoshop/gimp, but I'm definitely horrible at creating numbers/letters. I always try using the text input tool and it always come out looking like horse manure!

ZeroBarrier is right you can change the appearance of the lockscreen by editing the png's or 9 images, I have changed mine to honeycomb versions to match my honeycomb theme so it can be done if your decent with PS or Gimp

Sent from my Droid using the miui-dev.com Forums App