looking for a guide for getting out from bootloader/twrp , how to install the original chinese fastboot

jackyle

Members
Jul 16, 2021
a few days ago i faced a big problem after installing downgrade version of the current rom (12.5.17 to 12.5.12) - after a red lines and "done" , i couldmt boot from the twrp to my system , i couldnt locate the place of the rom file to flash it again , so i had to do what the expert told me to do - to make a wipe data .
my question is - is there a guide to show me how to act in such a serious situation ,when you stuck on the twrp and you need in other way to install the original chinese fastboot so i can flash with him the rom i want , or the original chinese rom like i got it when i bought the phone?
also , where i can find the file of the chinese fastboot ? link
thnx

a few days ago i faced a big problem after installing downgrade version of the current rom (12.5.17 to 12.5.12) - after a red lines and "done" , i couldmt boot from the twrp to my system , i couldnt locate the place of the rom file to flash it again , so i had to do what the expert told me to do - to make a wipe data .
my question is - is there a guide to show me how to act in such a serious situation ,when you stuck on the twrp and you need in other way to install the original chinese fastboot so i can flash with him the rom i want , or the original chinese rom like i got it when i bought the phone?
also , where i can find the file of the chinese fastboot ? link
thnx
you can download it here… as example

bootloop look here

downgrade we suggest to format data partition within twrp not wipe

regards kater

you can download it here… as example

bootloop look here

downgrade we suggest to format data partition within twrp not wipe

regards kater
thnx for your reply ,
please answer me - what do you mean- "we suggest to format data partition within twrp not wipe" - you havein twrp only wipe data , so , how do you make the formating of the data partition? can you navigate me? is it mean that im gonna earasse all the data on my phone and have to install it from the begining, like as you click on the "wipe data" ?

and other question , sorry if im writing stupid things :
i have mi 11 pro with eu rom stable , and sometimes im getting notification of "update" , and im clicking and install it .
sometimes im finding myself looking for a new eu stable rom , downloading and install it .
so , what is actually the role of the miui firmware , of downloading it and installing it ? do i really need it if i have already the full eu rom ?

thnx for the patient

Quote Reply

thnx for your reply ,
please answer me - what do you mean- "we suggest to format data partition within twrp not wipe" - you havein twrp only wipe data , so , how do you make the formating of the data partition? can you navigate me? is it mean that im gonna earasse all the data on my phone and have to install it from the begining, like as you click on the "wipe data" ?

and other question , sorry if im writing stupid things :
i have mi 11 pro with eu rom stable , and sometimes im getting notification of "update" , and im clicking and install it .
sometimes im finding myself looking for a new eu stable rom , downloading and install it .
so , what is actually the role of the miui firmware , of downloading it and installing it ? do i really need it if i have already the full eu rom ?

thnx for the patient

Quote Reply
As to "format data" you can e.g. refer to this info here

As to "format data" you can e.g. refer to this info here
i know what is to format data and how to do that , its earrasse everything !!! but here our friend wrote this thing - "we suggest to format data partition within twrp not wipe" , and dont understand him if its wipe data or format data partition .

and what about my second question -

i know what is to format data and how to do that , its earrasse everything !!! but here our friend wrote this thing - "we suggest to format data partition within twrp not wipe" , and dont understand him if its wipe data or format data partition .

and what about my second question -
Hmmm, from my understanding of the English language he recommends formatting the data, not just wiping it :D

I have to admit I don't fully understand what you are aiming at in the second question. Part of the confusion is coming from terminology - I differentiate between the Xiaomi.EU ROMs and the official (Global) Xiaomi ROM. From your messages so far I assume you are talking about the Global ROM !

In that case it doesn't matter whether you install via the update dialogue or download and install manually.....

If I misunderstood you and you are talking about the Xiaomi.EU ROM:
The update dialogue within Xiaomi.EU does not work because it requires TWRP to flash the update, you MUST download and install manually within TWRP in case of Xiaomi.EU

HTH,
Axel

Hmmm, from my understanding of the English language he recommends formatting the data, not just wiping it :D

I have to admit I don't fully understand what you are aiming at in the second question. Part of the confusion is coming from terminology - I differentiate between the Xiaomi.EU ROMs and the official (Global) Xiaomi ROM. From your messages so far I assume you are talking about the Global ROM !

In that case it doesn't matter whether you install via the update dialogue or download and install manually.....

If I misunderstood you and you are talking about the Xiaomi.EU ROM:
The update dialogue within Xiaomi.EU does not work because it requires TWRP to flash the update, you MUST download and install manually within TWRP in case of Xiaomi.EU

HTH,
Axel
1. im talikng about the eu ro , and im getting the notification on the screen of the "settings-my device" , its written "update" , so im just clicking , download it and install it with the twrp . do you think i have to download the full upgrade eu rom from the eu ro officail site?
2. i asked if its neccessarry to download and install the "miui firmware" if i have already the full eu rom ?

sorry for my stupid questions ...i just want to understand

there is a difference between wipe and format. wipe deletes the files and with format you will format the partition in both options you should have a backup from your photos and so on. if you downgrade your version in 99.9% it is necessary to FORMAT your data partition.

the updates are always full rom versions, no partitial updates. you can download it from update buttom or from this site. I prefere to download it from this site, put it on the phone, start twrp and install it. if I understood your question corectly.

is your phone now up and running or do you have any issues?

Last edited:
1. im talikng about the eu ro , and im getting the notification on the screen of the "settings-my device" , its written "update" , so im just clicking , download it and install it with the twrp . do you think i have to download the full upgrade eu rom from the eu ro officail site?
2. i asked if its neccessarry to download and install the "miui firmware" if i have already the full eu rom ?

sorry for my stupid questions ...i just want to understand
No problem, we all live and learn and have been at this stage at some point in time :)

Ad 1: for the Xiaomi.EU ROM it doesn't matter whether you download via the Update dialogue or directly from the website, its the same file (maybe from a different mirror, though)
Ad 2: no, its not necessary - the Xiaomi.EU files always include all necessary parts including the "firmware" (e.g. modem drivers....)

there is a difference between wipe and format. wipe deletes the files and with format you will format the partition in both options you should have a backup from your photos and so on. if you downgrade your version in 99.9% it is necessary to FORMAT your data partition.

the updates are always full rom versions, no partitial updates. you can download it from update buttom or from this site. I prefere to download it from this site, put it on the phone, start twrp and install it. if I understood your question corectly.

is your phone now up and running or do you have any issues?
thnx you all for your patient and understanding .
right now my phone is alright , im running the 12.5.12 version of stable eu rom(downgraded from 12.5.17) , but a days ago i faced a nightmare !!! i downgraded my eu rom stable and couldnt reboot to system after the flashing , so i had to make a "wipe data" , i dont have other options . so by doing this i needed to rebuild my phone from the begining , app . whats app , google account etc .
so , what i asked here is what the difference between wipe and format , andddddddd , if you can avoid from wipe data after you facing a big problem like you cant reboot to your system . is there any other solution?
...now i have a notification of a new update and im afraid to click on it ...

my friends ,
what i wanted is a guide or a link to a guide that will teach you what to do in case of the twrp is stuck , or something else that occoured on your operating system , and you cant flash a new rom with him ,or to boot into the system because something went wrong with the flashing process , in other words , you have to locate the original chinese fastboot of your phone and with him to flash the original rom ...i hope you understand my unexpert words... . i think that in this case you will have to extract the desired file to flash , not the whole zip file like you do with a regular rom , so i dont know what exactly to extract from this file , and how to flash it . a good guide will be just fine for me to learn .
and more -maybe there is a file that includes together the original chinese fastboot+the rom , it will be much better and eassier .
sorry if i wrote s tupid things , im not so expert , but i wanted to give more details as i can .

there are some workarounds eg flash bootimage and some others. but if you dont know what you do I suggest not to do it.

as I have mentioned before, if you downgrade or switch from stable to weekly or vice versa in 99.9% you have to format data partition wipe is not enough! if you have installed magisk, disable the module or uninstall magisk before update.

I have explained the differences between wipe & format already here in more detail

thats all…and now you can update :) but dont forget weekly is a beta version perhaps with some bugs

Last edited:
there are some workarounds eg flash bootimage and some others. but if you dont know what you do I suggest not to do it.

as I have mentioned before, if you downgrade or switch from stable to weekly or vice versa in 99.9% you have to format data partition wipe is not enough! if you have installed magisk, disable the module or uninstall magisk before update.

I have explained the differences between wipe & format already here in more detail

thats all….
if ill get a good guide maybe ill make it . please send me a link