leginmat

Members
Mar 27, 2012
Hello,

I'm using the following:

Xiaomi M1
MIUI 2.4.6 ICS
Provider is USA T-mobile network.

I have a few small problems to report which I didn't have issues with using 2.3.5 ('r' I believe).

Problem #1 After receiving or making a call, my network seems to drop completely and my phone shows "No Service" for around 30 seconds before returning back with some signal.

Problem #2 I seem to have difficulties in accessing my SD card using a USB cable and from the phone itself. When I select 'USB storage' mode to 'ON', the SD still fails to show on the computer. Secondly, I can't seem to use 'App 2 SD' application to move my applications such as games to the SD card; the button simply doesn't appear in the App information.

Thanks for your help.

Hello,

I'm using the following:

Xiaomi M1
MIUI 2.4.6 ICS
Provider is USA T-mobile network.

I have a few small problems to report which I didn't have issues with using 2.3.5 ('r' I believe).

Problem #1 After receiving or making a call, my network seems to drop completely and my phone shows "No Service" for around 30 seconds before returning back with some signal.

Problem #2 I seem to have difficulties in accessing my SD card using a USB cable and from the phone itself. When I select 'USB storage' mode to 'ON', the SD still fails to show on the computer. Secondly, I can't seem to use 'App 2 SD' application to move my applications such as games to the SD card; the button simply doesn't appear in the App information.

Thanks for your help.

Problem #2
I have had the same USB storage issue since MIUI 2.3.26 ICS. The PC recognizes that an Android device is connected. The phone asks whether I would like to "Open USB storage now". Once yes is selected this is shown on the notification tab. When opening Windows explorer, the device is not shown!

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Still having issues with the service dropping whenever I make or receive calls.

SD card access shows up with this message continuously and randomly even when I keep pressing yes.
screenshot2012041118171.png

Just another small note, not sure if this is worth of a bug but the cancel button on the timer is a bit awkward when the timer starts.
screenshot2012041118134.png

Any recommendations? Thanks

The button issues are fixed as commented on above.

Problem 2 sounds like a driver related issue for your Mi-one.

Service drop out issues could be network related, I don't experience these issues on the O2 UK Network which is a GSM network, 3G / HSDPA / EDGE and GPRS capable.

Hello Mark,

Thanks, the timer button is indeed looking better.

Regarding accessing the SD card, it was indeed my end. Sorry about that. A re-install of all the drivers through hardware manager seems to have fixed it.

Regarding the service, I'm a bit stumped as it was only after upgrading to ICS from GB that I received such an issue on my M1. I'll continue to try and play around with it.

Thanks again and keep up the excellent work.

Grab a screenshot of the Phone details via Settings > Full Settings > About Phone and post them here please - Curious to check a few things out.

thanks,

Mark

Hey Leginmat,

I have almost exactly the same issues as you. I upgraded to ICS and found the sd card problem but also another calling issue which is almost the same.

Sometime I couldn't phone people, line would just ring off. Other times i'd call and couldn't hang up and speaker phone would do nothing. And I also had the network drop completely and my phone shows "No Service". I then had to reboot or rescan network, and it usually got resolved. I also could not receive calls when this was happening even if I appeared to have service.

So I returned to 2.3.5k using miflash.

The sd card issue was solved by reinstalling all drivers. Now my only issue is this loss of service. Like sometimes i'll try and make a call, will just hang and ring off, but say I have service. Then service will dissapper, during this time I can't receive calls either. Have to reboot.

Only issue I have now.I did get liquid spilt on mine a while back though. I am on T-Mobile/Orange In the UK

Hey Leginmat,

I have almost exactly the same issues as you. I upgraded to ICS and found the sd card problem but also another calling issue which is almost the same.

Sometime I couldn't phone people, line would just ring off. Other times i'd call and couldn't hang up and speaker phone would do nothing. And I also had the network drop completely and my phone shows "No Service". I then had to reboot or rescan network, and it usually got resolved. I also could not receive calls when this was happening even if I appeared to have service.

So I returned to 2.3.5k using miflash.

The sd card issue was solved by reinstalling all drivers. Now my only issue is this loss of service. Like sometimes i'll try and make a call, will just hang and ring off, but say I have service. Then service will dissapper, during this time I can't receive calls either. Have to reboot.

Only issue I have now.I did get liquid spilt on mine a while back though. I am on T-Mobile/Orange In the UK

I got this new phone and I am sorry mine too has the same network issue. It is very random and happens at its own will. The phone looses its network and i see a message saying" Mobile Network Not Available" when trying to make calls. The only option I am left out with is a REBOOT. Can someone help me...this is important..

I got this new phone and I am sorry mine too has the same network issue. It is very random and happens at its own will. The phone looses its network and i see a message saying" Mobile Network Not Available" when trying to make calls. The only option I am left out with is a REBOOT. Can someone help me...this is important..
Which network are you on, what country etc.

Yeah mine is very random too. I went to the t-mobile shop today, they suggested it may be old sim causing it. I changed mine for a new one, but makes no difference.

Strangely enough I have a similar issue on my orange san francisco. Service just suddenly goes off and I can't send texts and calls just hang. Usually fixes it self though, my Mi-One requires a reboot.

Incidentally my Mi-One says it has reception when this happens, but then does nothing when I try and ring someone and if I try to bell it, it says 'temporarily unavailable'. Then when I reboot, there are no missed calls or anything.

Phoning my phone or trying to make a call with no connection is the only way of knowing whether it has gone off line as reception looks normal.

Also when I am in an area of my house where I know I have 3G reception on orange (I am on T-Mob though, just use orange because my house gets no t-mob reception) it stays on regular 2G. Or It says I have 3G reception but browsing speeds are slow.

I also updated to the latest OTA 2.3.5 rom from Xiaomi China and the option for '3G only' seems to have gone too.

I personally think it maybe some kind of conflict to do with the orange/t-mob signal sharing/switching system.

if the other user is on Orange UK then we have the culprit. I do sometimes get the signal randomly off at times but it comes right back. I'll mention it to the BSP Team tomorrow.

Sorry to hear, it sounds like the issues you guys are experiencing are far worst than mine. I only drop out of service for around 20 seconds immediately after I either make or receive a call.

I'm also on the T-Mobile network (On Simple Mobile which uses the T-Mobile network) based in the US and located in Los Angeles. Not sure if this has any connection with it.

Sere83, you may not be able to receive 3G on the Xiaomi M1 due to the different bands on the T-Mobile network I believe. I'm stuck with using super slow Edge network on my M1 with the T-Mobile USA network...only AT&T supports our phone's bands.

Thanks Mark; let's hope there's a resolution.

Sorry to hear, it sounds like the issues you guys are experiencing are far worst than mine. I only drop out of service for around 20 seconds immediately after I either make or receive a call.

I'm also on the T-Mobile network (On Simple Mobile which uses the T-Mobile network) based in the US and located in Los Angeles. Not sure if this has any connection with it.

Sere83, you may not be able to receive 3G on the Xiaomi M1 due to the different bands on the T-Mobile network I believe. I'm stuck with using super slow Edge network on my M1 with the T-Mobile USA network...only AT&T supports our phone's bands.

Thanks Mark; let's hope there's a resolution.
Can you guys get your network specs real quick?

OK..

UK
- vodafone and O2 share the 900 band
- T-mobile and Orange share the 1800 band
- 'Three' and other 3g networks use 2100Mhz
- 'Three' use orange as a backup 2g network.

Radio Frequency Spectrum Bands accessible by T-Mobile USA Customers Using Compatible Devices

Radio frequency spectrum chart
The following chart describes radio frequency spectrum bands accessible by the company's customers using compatible devices.

850 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE 2G n/a 1996 Not operated by T-Mobile. Competitor networks accessible via roaming agreements

1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE 2G 1994 1996 Based on original VoiceStream Wireless GSM PCS network

1700 MHz/2100 MHz UMTS (W-CDMA)/HSPA 4G (formerly 3G[31]) 2006 2008 (3G), 2010 (Marketed as 4G) First carrier in the U.S. to deploy services on AWSfrequencies. Markets HSPA+ as "4G". UMTS band IV

On June 28, 2010, the company announced that it will begin to upgrade the network from HSPA+ 21 to HSPA+ 42 beginning sometime in 2011.

Source:
http://support.t-mobile.com/thread/8746

Off the box of the mi-one..

GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
WCDMA: 850/1900/2100MHz

I believe that Orange UK and T-Mobile UK currently operate a 2G service at 1800MHz and a 3G service at 2100MHz.

T-Mobile USA owns licenses to operate a 1900 MHz GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications) PCS (Personal Communications Service) digital cellular network and a 1700 MHz/2100 MHz UMTS AWS (Advanced Wireless Services) digital cellular network

Yeah I can't see an issue with my bands. I can also get onto 3G on both T-Mob and Orange, the issue is that for no reason I just lose service completely. Or I am unable to go on 3G sometimes.

Yeah I can't see an issue with my bands. I can also get onto 3G on both T-Mob and Orange, the issue is that for no reason I just lose service completely. Or I am unable to go on 3G sometimes.

Sere,

Are you located and using the USA T-Mobile? or are you in the UK? I can't get 3G at all.

Sere,

Are you located and using the USA T-Mobile? or are you in the UK? I can't get 3G at all.

I'm In the UK, so shouldn't have a band issue, I can get 3g, but like I say sometimes not and sometimes I lose service. Actually just had a thought @MARKHUK would adding the Orange APN to my APN list make a difference? Currently I only have t-mob and virgin

I'm In the UK, so shouldn't have a band issue, I can get 3g, but like I say sometimes not and sometimes I lose service. Actually just had a thought @MARKHUK would adding the Orange APN to my APN list make a difference? Currently I only have t-mob and virgin
YES IT WOULD :)