Lost the ability to edit Home Screens

trigram

Members
Oct 4, 2013
I have deleted from apps (they were chinese market related stuff), and now I appear to have lost the ability to edit my Home Screens. It all may be a coincidence. Pressing the screen does nothing. Is there a way to recover this function (or undo the deletions)?

Thanks for your time.

So pressing the menu button and select 'add widgets' doesn't work either?

If so then you are maybe in guard mode

redmanner,

thanks for your suggestion. however, I don't know where/how to find "Guard Mode", nor do I see any "Add Widget" when I press the left side button with the 3 horizontal lines (the menu button?). Any further help is most welcomed.

redmanner,

After googling Guard Mode, I did indeed activate it. Solved my problem - again, many thanks for the Heads Up.

Rgds

Reactions: redmaner
Hi trigram,

That's good news! How did you disable it? Because I couldn't find it either in settings

Hi trigram,

That's good news! How did you disable it? Because I couldn't find it either in settings

I dragged to see the "Toggles/Notification" menu from the top of the screen, then pressed "More", then "Guard" (my phone anyway). Infact, when in "Guard Mode", you will see a symbol that looks like an upturned portcullis symbol. See attached image.

Attachments

• guardmode.jpg
    guardmode.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 243