Lowest Brightness Too Bright With 7.1.5 Rom

tristansv

Members
Aug 17, 2016
After flashing from global 8.0.1.7 to dev 7.1.5 (translated), I notice minimum brightness has increased, despite setting being auto or manual. Using Redmi Pro at night is therefore less convenient. Is there a way to edit some setting and decrease the lower brightness value ? Or is it kernel dependent and nothing can be done ?

Thanks for your help.

It's and non famous Oled display and if the brightness come too low the darkness of display will get into Brown color that's why the minimum brightness is not too low.

@nekora
I will try that, but I actually use 7.1.5 MIUI-France ROM and it seems I can't update it with Xiaomi.eu 7.1.12.

@Mammad
I noticed that brownish image when brightness was set at minimum, you are right. This should be the reason why Xiaomi set a higher low value for brightness with recent MIUI ROMs.

Really no way to adjust to lower brightness as root maybe ?

Installing a brightness app (Night Screen) did the job. I should have figured out sooner that since it's OLED technology and there is no backlight, applying color filter to the image does decrease the overall brightness. It gets brownish by the way, but for browsing at night, it's not a problem.

After flashing from global 8.0.1.7 to dev 7.1.5 (translated), I notice minimum brightness has increased, despite setting being auto or manual. Using Redmi Pro at night is therefore less convenient. Is there a way to edit some setting and decrease the lower brightness value ? Or is it kernel dependent and nothing can be done ?

Thanks for your help.
When you adjust the brightness to lowest and disable auto brightness, will the screen flicker? Mine does. Sigh

Sent from my Redmi Pro using Tapatalk