Main screen refresh rate drops caused by the small rear screen

Off topic but yeah china ROM's are "always" smooth. Xiaomi eu is great in its own right and has a lot of positives but the performance always suffers no matter what hardware you have in the phone compared to the same MIUI version in chinese. Usually app opening, unlocking or certain apps such as Tapatalk has stuttering and framerate loss. For me Chinese ROM is not that bad once you debloat and change some settings.

Sent from my M2101K9C using Tapatalk

I recently stumbled across another custom ROM called MIUImix which for now is only available as weekly firmware. This ROM is basically a more debloated Xiaomi EU with root preinstalled, YouTube Vanced preinstalled and some other optimization. You may want to try that if you don't mind using a weekly ROM

Off topic but now I have another problem with my phone...

Main rear camera doesn't work, black screen after opening the camera. With the other applications (open camera) works only selfie.
I opened cit mode and selfie, 5x zoom and ultrawide works, but the main camera doesn't turn on.

Wipe Dalvic cache doesn't help, installing again the firmware doesn't help.
Any suggestions?

Oficial rooted Chinese stable, 12.5.10.0

Mmm doesn't sound good to me,it seems an hardware issue. You can only format and try a new ROM to see if that works I think

I am more than sure that it will work after format. But I don't want to do format AGAIN because that's not a solution.

When I activate the multicam mode all the camera works. When I choose for example rear 1x camera with ultrawide or any other then it freezes.

It's clearly the error of the firmware. It's not the hardware issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-07-21-22-58-51-859_com.android.camera.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-21-22-58-51-859_com.android.camera.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 164
There might be some test hidden menu but you need to Google for it as I don't know the code, did you try to clear cache and data for the stock app?

Test hidden menu is called Cit, I did it and that's how I know only the main camera stopped responding.

I deleted the data of the camera many times, no change.

It's some problem with the firmware because I didnt change anything...

Did you try to remove the camera package with magisk debloater and then reinstall it?

Actually you could also try this, clear cache and data for camera app, then, using adb, uninstall the app via adb pm uninstall command, reboot the phone, go into developer option and activate"install via usb", go on adb again and do command pm install existing for camera app package, let me know

I will try it of course and let you know soon if it helped.

I was trying to see if logcat will show some error when I am opening the camera app, but there are only logs of audio policy manager when I activate the camera...
Do you see something not ok in those logs?
Maybe you know what app is responsible for that so I could clean it's data?

I used logcat reader app to see those logs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-07-22-10-19-00-467_com.dp.logcatapp.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-22-10-19-00-467_com.dp.logcatapp.jpg
    847.1 KB · Views: 173
I'm sorry buddy I can't read logs, I am not that good, my knowledge stops here, I am more inclined to practical problem solving then technical

now I'm facing the same problem..
can you tell me please how did u solved it?
i read the comments, but i couldn't find the answer! o_O

Unfortunately I did not solve this issue. In general speaking, my unit was working quite hot during idle, and after some time the rear main camera lens died without any reason. Not even mentioning the strange behavior as I described in this forum.

I sent it for the guarantee, they didn't even repair it. They gave me back the money, so I bought from the same shop the same model and I am using it already for 2 months. I have 0 issues with overheating, touch screen problems, or with dropped hz or the main screen.

I am using original stable 12.5.20.0 chinese version, so I did not modify the firmware in any way, I just installed the ota update and everything works.

It was just ny unit which was faulty, firmware modifications helped only temporary, where there was clearly a hardware issue.
I don't know if your case is the same as mine, I just wanted to share with you my experience.