Merging Partitions? On A Xiaomi Mi4lte, Please Help!!!

djbosanac

Members
Jan 24, 2014
Hi all,

I have a issue with merging the partitions of my brand new boughted Xiaomi Mi4LTE.

Using this tutorial: http://en.miui.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=209941&extra=&highlight=merge&page=1

Doesent work for me, because when i press on the .bat (for windows) the screens closes realy fast and nothing happening. I have the phone in fastboot modus, but nothing changing.

Can somebody help me out here, because i need to install the latest ROM on my MI4...

Take the Xiaomi.eu rom 5.12.17 and update it twice, it will merge the partitions. Then you can install a marshmallow rom.

Envoyé de mon MI 3W en utilisant Tapatalk

thanks, how can i see if the partitions are merged? Because i have now installed 6.2.25 6.0 latest ROM for now it works. But how can i see if the partitions are merged or something did changed?

Use disk info app. See the merged should be 1.2gb
uploadfromtaptalk1456773861673.jpg

thanks a lot,

Having some issue's

When i want to install apps trough Google Playstore - installing is realy going slow. It takes about 30seconds - 1 minute to install a app. This isent correct right. I have erase all data and wipe dalvik/cache but still the same. How to solve this? Or just wait for the friday update?

And why i can't choose a different ''THEME'' in the beginning? I want the high life theme. I older version you had the chance to choose when you install a new ROM now i dont have that chance.

Is this ROM correctly installed?

It Doesn't look normal this slowness as I do not face it. Did you enabled auto update from Google to see if it updates itself?

Dont know, did nothing.

But have noticed it when i want to install all the apps like whatsapp/viber/messenger/facebook etc
Its taking longer than i expect it, because my wife haves the same smartphone. But with Stable ROM 4.4.4 (because the german language) And her phone installing the apps realy fast.

The phone turns off and on again even if i do nothing. REALY WEIRD ISSUE.

Could you redo full install with a mi flash of a recent Fastboot China mm rom then update with Xiaomi.eu. 6.2.18 IA MI recovery. I suspect your start point from be somewhat unofficial.

Hi there,

Since i bought it i have done this the first time.

1. Installed the 5.12.17 version twice, somebody told me that it merged the partitions automaticly. And after installing it twice trough the Mi-updater (Mi-Recovery2.1) i have installed the latest 6.2.25 (6.0) version. But it went go wrong, since than i noticed i have suddently installed TWRP? But reading below the roms page i saw XIAOMI delivers now with TWRP.

2. So i went to en.miui.com and explain my question overthere, and they told me install the latest CHINA DEVELOPER ROM.
After installing they told me, the partitions will automaticly merge together.

3. From China ROM to the Xiaomi.eu ROM now on the latest, so can you explain whats going wrong?

The smartphone shutdown sometimes, apps installing taking to long. Even sometimes the phone restarts when you install a app and it requires contacts informations etc.

My point is how did you installed the first rom, by recovery, update or from your pc with miflash softwarz?

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

No normaly i install trough Updater App because in the past i had this smartphone to.
And trough the Updater App (blue app) i dident have not once a error with installing it trough this way.

So this time same, turn on the smartphone go to Updater app, and have choose the XIAOMI rom.

This does not start from clean. I d suggest now that you have merged partitions to install an official en.miui.com fastboot rom, and flash it via mi flash. At this point you can update with a xiaomi.eu.

Fastboot roms ends with .tgz .

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

Hello,

I have bought an RMN3PRO for my wife. To ensure i will not have troubles again with installing new roms.
I have read in the latest ROM THREAD THIS:

1. Install TWRP trough the updater app (does this mean donwload the .zip file -rename it to update?
2. Now you can install our roms. So even if there is a Bootlocker you will have the oppertunity to download and install roms than with TWRP?

Because i need the MIUI7.0 because that one haves german language. And 7.1 doesent support german language anymore :(

And about merging paritions. So i need first to install the latest CHINA developer ROM to merge the partitions on the RMN3PRO and than i can install other ROMS???

Can you open a topic for Redmi note3 pro? It is completely a different picture than mi3 IMHO. Not sure you can even have miui 7.0 on it.

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk

Hello,

I have bought an RMN3PRO for my wife. To ensure i will not have troubles again with installing new roms.
I have read in the latest ROM THREAD THIS:

1. Install TWRP trough the updater app (does this mean donwload the .zip file -rename it to update?
2. Now you can install our roms. So even if there is a Bootlocker you will have the oppertunity to download and install roms than with TWRP?

Because i need the MIUI7.0 because that one haves german language. And 7.1 doesent support german language anymore :(

And about merging paritions. So i need first to install the latest CHINA developer ROM to merge the partitions on the RMN3PRO and than i can install other ROMS???
something good, redmi note 3 pro official launch to India, means global rom (multilanguage) officially available. You could install this one to start with, waiting for your unlock code.