Message mayhem after MIUI14 update

barfieldHJY

Members
Apr 23, 2023
Hello All
I own a Redmi Note 10S that has updated to MIUI14 a few weeks back and ever since then i receive mutiple messages of the same message throughout the day, i could receive a message in the morning and have 20 of the same message received by the end of the day or even a mash up of mixed messages of already received messages over night, its madness as its so intermittant i cannot work it out, the sim card has been taken out and put into another mobile with no problems at all and the only thing that has changed is the mobile update to 14, i do not use any other message apps only the standard app which is google i believe? and all other software on the mobile is standard.
Any help or direction would be much appreciated
Thanks
Barf

Which MIUI ROM?
Stable/Weekly ?

Was it a fresh install or update?

--
Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra (star)

Sorry Kcorrea1 i dont know what stable/weekly is, im no mobile wizz, it was an update to whatever was on the mobile when orignally purchased which was a while back now, i believe its had 1 or 2 previous updates to this one.
Thanks for getting back

Just to add ive noticed when the messages start coming sometimes they are 2 at a time while being around an hour apart?

Last edited:
I think you're on the wrong forum.

This forum is for the custom Xiaomi.eu ROM.

If you've been updating your ROM on the phone itself since the time you've bought your phone. It's the official Xiaomi ROM, for which you will need to head to the official Xiaomi forum.

I think I was seeing this similar issue on the official ROM but I'm not for sure. Because I quickly moved to this custom ROM after a day or 2.

--

Is this the info you require?
MIUI-V14.0.2.0 TKLEUXM
Stable MIUI based on Android 13

Sorry my reply crossed over yours, well thanks for your time Kcorrea1 its much appreciated, i will head over that way now
Cheers

Is this the info you require?
MIUI-V14.0.2.0 TKLEUXM
Stable MIUI based on Android 13
Yes you seem to be on the official XIAOMI ROM.

We can't assist you here unfortunately.

You could try to do a factory reset and setup your phone again and see if there's any difference/change.

Take a backup of your phone though - Camera photos, Documents, Download, Music etc.
As in, copy the directories to your desktop so you can copy it back to your phone again.

You should be able to backup your text messages and call logs on Google Backup (and Xiaomi Cloud maybe).

But definitely take a backup before the factory reset.

--

Reactions: barfieldHJY