Metal case

Rochieff

Members
Mar 4, 2014
Hi guys,
Has anyone tried metal (aluminium) hard case for Hongmi? I have found rather nice one but I'm afraid it could block Wi-Fi and other wireless signal. Thanks for your info!

Which one?
I've got some Iphone lookalike and didn't notice any difference.

I got that case to. Well I used to...

Positive:
- really nice looking. Completely changes the look of the device for the best
- it's really made with glass and metal
- no signal loss by any means

Negative:
- it's very robust therefore the phone becomes noticeable heavier and bigger the hands.
- buttons are very loose and shaking making rattling noises causing malfunctions. Specially the volume one.
- not resistant at all. My 2 year old daughter drop the phone and completely shattered the case.

Resuming, it's just a beautiful....

Just ordered that and after read your evaluation think I should have ordered a whole bunch of those cases different colours, cause when I drop the phone and the glass breaks then there would always be a replacement ready :)

It's just a beautiful case.
Buttons work bad and makes the phone very big and heavy.
Therefore, looks good and functions bad.
If you are all just for the appearance, go for it. Buy them all as they are cheap lol

Last edited:
Yeah, these lose Buttons... I'm thinking about a way to fix this.. but didn't imagine one that would work^^

Just ordered that and after read your evaluation think I should have ordered a whole bunch of those cases different colours, cause when I drop the phone and the glass breaks then there would always be a replacement ready :)

If the drop would shatter the case and not the phone, it served its purpose :)

Reactions: rastas
Yeah, these lose Buttons... I'm thinking about a way to fix this.. but didn't imagine one that would work^^

The one I found have suspicious looking buttons too: volume down and on/off are grouped together, volume up is apart :-8

If the drop would shatter the case and not the phone, it served its purpose :)
I was lucky as the phone beat on the floor with one the corners
I wonder if the phone falls with screen facing the floor. Would the back case protect it lolololol

Just a small piece of tape inside the case where the buttons are and the rattle noise is history also the buttons are not so loose anymore.

Lähetetty minun 2013023 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

I have the same metal case like the one that is sold by Aliexpress.
Looks good on the Redmi, but with this case the phone can't get GPS lock.
The "cage of faraday" effect makes it a beautiful but useless case for the Redmi.