Mi 10 keeps booting into fastboot mode after Xiaomi EU intallation

IronIsh

Members
Nov 19, 2020
Hi all,

I'm new on this and I think I have made a huge mistake.

I followed all the intructions until I booted to TWRP then I flashed Magisk, wipe the data and reboot after that I flashed xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10_V12.2.2.0.RJBCNXM_v12-11.zip and wipe the data and then when I rebooted again it went into fastboot mode and does it everytime I reboot, it doesn'tdoes even let me go back to TRPW manually.

I have tried to install TRWP and boot into it and doesn't let me.

Can someone help me here?

1. If you're coming from the chinese ROM, you need to FORMAT data, not just wipe it. If you did that, then it brings us to 2.

2. I've been in the same situation with my Mi 10 Ultra today when trying to update my system.

Try getting back into TWRP via fastboot (flash it from there, boot it - might take a while to boot to recovery, just wait) and then flash the latest Magisk uninstaller zip (download from official GitHub, it's alongside the Magisk zip).
Then try booting system. If Magisk was the issue, install it this way.

1. If you're coming from the chinese ROM, you need to FORMAT data, not just wipe it. If you did that, then it brings us to 2.

2. I've been in the same situation with my Mi 10 Ultra today when trying to update my system.

Try getting back into TWRP via fastboot (flash it from there, boot it - might take a while to boot to recovery, just wait) and then flash the latest Magisk uninstaller zip (download from official GitHub, it's alongside the Magisk zip).
Then try booting system. If Magisk was the issue, install it this way.

That's the problem, even when I have re-installed TRWP it doesn't boot into it it just go to fastboot. I have also try to do it manually Volume-up + Power button and nothing.

Mine is global version.

That's the problem, even when I have re-installed TRWP it doesn't boot into it it just go to fastboot. I have also try to do it manually Volume-up + Power button and nothing.

Mine is global version.
Try issuing the 'fastboot boot twrp.img' command when the phone is in fastboot and connected to a PC. That should get it to boot into TWRP.

Try issuing the 'fastboot boot twrp.img' command when the phone is in fastboot and connected to a PC. That should get it to boot into TWRP.

Hi, I got this error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot boot TWRP_umi.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 2.872s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: Failed to load/authenticate boot image: Load Error)
finished. total time: 2.973s

OK some good news, I have managed to install a version of the TRWP that worked but it seems the system is broken so I will have to buy a USB C stick tomorrow and install it from there.

I found the info on this XDA thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-mi-10/help/help-stuck-fastboot-t4189551

I will let you know how it goes tomorrow, thanks for your help!
next time, please use the search button first....
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi-10-umi-cannot-boot-in-twrp-recovery.58339/

Reactions: IronIsh

Thank you! I will do it next time I was desperate yesterday, I thought I have bricked my phone forever.

I have experience intalling roms but not that much also back in the days when the Android bootloader used to came unlocked.

Anyways now it's fixed, I just put the rom on a USB Type C stick and flashed it from there. I think the problem was Magisk I don't know why I even installed it since I don't need to be root on my phone also the first version of TWRP that I installed didn't work well.

I have Xiaomi EU up and running and the Dual SIM functioning which is the caracteristic I need most.

Thank you both for your help!

Reactions: DerEchteAndreas
i think you have to install magisk only AFTER first boot, otherwise the system wont boot