Mi 10 Lite / Youth Edition (Lite Zoom)

rdraheim

Members
May 3, 2020
Hi and Good afternoon!

My Vernee X is on it's way out (just like the company I guess).

I'm looking at a Mi 10 Lite (or Lite Zoom depending on pricepoint).

Anyone get their hands on one yet? The Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro look great but a little pricey for me (€350 sounds more appealing, would really like £300-£320).

One last thing, I haven't used TWRP since my 1+1 days, can anyone link a refresher for me?

Reactions: evjosewagner
just keep your eye out whether a developer rom is released for the mi 10 lite
https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/ then type 10 lite in the upper right

when it is released it is probable that Xiaomi.eu will start supporting it
when there is no developer rom there will not be any support

(btw the mi 10 youth ( the chinese version of the 10 lite zoom) has just been released last week so it isnt really realistic that anyone outside of china already has it in this short period. I haven't even seen it online on ali/ gb(has pre announcement) or kimovil

Reactions: rdraheim
just keep your eye out whether a developer rom is released for the mi 10 lite
https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/ then type 10 lite in the upper right

when it is released it is probable that Xiaomi.eu will start supporting it
when there is no developer rom there will not be any support

(btw the mi 10 youth ( the chinese version of the 10 lite zoom) has just been released last week so it isnt really realistic that anyone outside of china already has it in this short period. I haven't even seen it online on ali/ gb(has pre announcement) or kimovil

Good morning. Nice weather today, especially important for a lockdown, so we can walk over to the beach.

Thanks again for your response and a fine introduction to the workflow here at xiaomi.eu.

I considered a pre-order at geekbuying for right around £340/£380 for 6/8GiB (or a few other sites) but I want to see the final pricepoint for the Lite in the UK via proper release (it was announced at €349, so maybe £319 or so). If it's £350, I might just get a Chinese one so that I'll have a dual-SIM tray, if they do indeed come out with single-SIM tray in the EU.

Anyway, thanks for your introduction and I hope that the weather is nice where you are located!

Reactions: Xtrme
OK. I pulled the trigger on a white 8GiB/128GiB model for €382 shipped to my door in the UK. Let's see how it goes and I'll keep people informed about when it arrives!

Many thanks for your help and a very nice introduction to the Xiaomi ecosystem!

Have a nice bank holiday weekend (if you're in the UK) and enjoy the fine weather!

Last edited:
Is this the same phone as the mi10 lite? I ordered a mi10 lite at *******, and I want to install the EU rom

Verstuurd vanaf mijn POCOPHONE F1 met Tapatalk

Hi!

The Mi 10 Lite and the Mi 10 Lite Zoom are different phones. The Mi 10 Lite Zoom is the Mi 10 Youth Edition in China and has a 5x periscope zoom lens. That is the one with the codename of vangogh and cited here and on other webpages.

I haven't seen any reference to the Mi 10 Lite here or on the ROM distribution centres. I have recently seen some YouTube videos showing it in operation.

If you find any info could you post but on this thread as a central repository.

Have a nice FRI and a nice weekend.

Reactions: Henrik_Saldanha
OK. I pulled the trigger on a white 8GiB/128GiB model for €382 shipped to my door in the UK. Let's see how it goes and I'll keep people informed about when it arrives!

Many thanks for your help and a very nice introduction to the Xiaomi ecosystem!

Have a nice bank holiday weekend (if you're in the UK) and enjoy the fine weather!
Hi, Can you point me to the shop, where you ordered the phone? Thanks

Hi, Can you point me to the shop, where you ordered the phone? Thanks

Trading Shenzhen.

If that doesn't show up. Trading (city just across the border from HK)

Or my reddit link:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can anyone tell me if there is no problem with unlocking and finding TWRP that works for Mi 10 Youth? I want to order one as successor of my Mi 8 SE which worked perfectly for 2 years. On the Polish market for this price I have not found a better phone

Μy phone are mi 10 lite. on this forum, the uploaded rom for mi 10 lite zoom. I can install it to my phone?

Μy phone are mi 10 lite. on this forum, the uploaded rom for mi 10 lite zoom. I can install it to my phone?

mi10 lite is monet
mi10 lite zoom or mi 10 lite youth is vangogh

monet is not (yet) on the list
flashing the vangogh rom on monet device doesnt work

Reactions: thanasis112
Anyone tried to record calls with MI 10 Lite Zoom 8/256 (Vangogh) with Xiaomi.eu MIUI v12.0.6.0 stable firmware. Records are saved per configured options, but they all has no audio at all - only silence.

Anyone tried to record calls with MI 10 Lite Zoom 8/256 (Vangogh) with Xiaomi.eu MIUI v12.0.6.0 stable firmware. Records are saved per configured options, but they all has no audio at all - only silence.

Hi man!

I have the Chinese ROM MIUI 12.0.6.Stable running on my phone. Could you describe the error precisely and I'll give it a shot on the Chinese ROM, so you'd know whether it the ROM itself or the Xioami.eu implementation.

The phone is great and I'm pumped about the Android 11 coming soon (hopefully a week or so on the Chinese ROM) :D

Hi! Can anyone help me update Mi 10 Lite Zoom? It came flashed with xiaomi.eu ROM. Updater is telling me to update but every time I try to update, I get a message saying internal storage is encrypted. How do I decrypt internal storage. I already did factory reset thinking ( hoping ) it would somehow remove the encryption but it did not.

Hi! Can anyone help me update Mi 10 Lite Zoom? It came flashed with xiaomi.eu ROM. Updater is telling me to update but every time I try to update, I get a message saying internal storage is encrypted. How do I decrypt internal storage. I already did factory reset thinking ( hoping ) it would somehow remove the encryption but it did not.
Hello,

"Internal storage is encrypted" is an info, not an issue. ;)

First, you need to have TWRP installed.

Then, you can continue the update process > Phone will boot to TWRP and ask for your pincode/password/pattern (if you set it to unlock your device) to be able to decrypt the "/data" partition, then it will start the update.

:)

Hello,

"Internal storage is encrypted" is an info, not an issue. ;)

First, you need to have TWRP installed.

Then, you can continue the update process > Phone will boot to TWRP and ask for your pincode/password/pattern (if you set it to unlock your device) to be able to decrypt the "/data" partition, then it will start the update.

Hi!

Yes, sorry I worded that wrong. The phone don't have TWRP. It simply reboots back to home if you attempt to update. Tried rebooting to recovery but it only goes to Mi Recovery 3.0 and it only has reboot to system, wipe data and connect to pc assistant. Flashing TWRP should fix the issue, right?

Hi!

Yes, sorry I worded that wrong. The phone don't have TWRP. It simply reboots back to home if you attempt to update. Tried rebooting to recovery but it only goes to Mi Recovery 3.0 and it only has reboot to system, wipe data and connect to pc assistant. Flashing TWRP should fix the issue, right?
Yes, but I read some resellers are shipping Xiaomi devices (exclusive to the China market) with xiaomi.eu ROM but with bootloader in "locked" state... :(

In "locked" state, you can't install a custom recovery like TWRP (and you should not be able to use xiaomi.eu ROM too but it's weird...).

If you see "Mi Recovery 3.0", you don't have TWRP yes.

So you need to unlock the bootloader (this will wipe ALL your data) then install TWRP via fastboot command to have the possibility to update your current ROM.

;)

Last edited:
Yes, but I read some resellers are shipping China Xiaomi devices with xiaomi.eu ROM but with bootloader in "locked" state... :(

In "locked" state, you can't install a custom recovery like TWRP (and you should not be able to use xiaomi.eu ROM too but it's weird...).

If you see "Mi Recovery 3.0", you don't have TWRP yes.

So you need to unlock the bootloader (it will wipe ALL your data) then install TWRP via fastboot command to have the possibility to update your actual ROM.

Thank you for the info. It really sucks to lose data. I use my phone as token to pass authentication and access my work station. Losing data means I will have to re-certify. Certification usually takes 2-3 days and during that time I can't work. Good thing, at the very least, they flashed a proper vangogh rom and not the monet rom. I heard resellers get the 2 mixed up. Thank you again for the help guys. I think I know now what to do.

Reactions: Poney70
I have the Chinese ROM MIUI 12.0.6.Stable running on my phone. Could you describe the error precisely and I'll give it a shot on the Chinese ROM, so you'd know whether it the ROM itself or the Xioami.eu implementation.

The problem is simple. I turn on voice calls recording on some contacts, it saves records, but all records has only silence, no sound is saved in the audio file.

hi,

anyone can help to explain with step-by-step guide to install the EU rom ? tks

hi,

anyone can help to explain with step-by-step guide to install the EU rom ? tks

1.unlock
2. set up twrp as device name : vangogh
3. reboot to recovery mode and then format all
3.1 please input new rom in otg device
4 plug otg and select reboot to recovery again.
5. install eu rom and wait

[QUOTE = "rdraheim, postagem: 539358, membro: 262185"]
Oi e boa tarde!

Meu Vernee X está em decadência (assim como a empresa, eu acho).

Estou olhando para um Mi 10 Lite (ou Lite Zoom dependendo do preço).

Alguém já pôs as mãos em um? O Mi 10 e o Mi 10 Pro parecem ótimos, mas um pouco caros para mim (€ 350 soa mais atraente, na verdade gostaria de £ 300- £ 320).

Uma última coisa, eu não uso o TWRP desde meus 1 + 1 dias. Alguém pode vincular uma atualização para mim?
[/CITAR]
estou com mi 10 lite zoom, muito bom o aparelho
o mi 10 lite nao tem xiaomi.eu pra ele so o mi10 lite zoom

Eu stable released on android 11.

Anyone please test clone app it work or not include other app.

Thank you