Mi 10 Ultra doesn't boot after touching system partition

pellaaa

Members
Oct 31, 2020
hello guys, so my drama continues... after my stupid attempt to install an apk as system app (missing the good old times) my Mi 10 ultra was stucked in a bootloop... luckly I managed to save all my personal data (pictures, work stuff and most important google authenticator database) but I am still trying to fix the bootloop issue... I've been told that after you edit system partition without disabling SELinux & AVB the phone won't boot anymore and that a possible solution is to clear vbmeta partition (where system verification info are stored) by flashing a blank vbmeta.img with this command fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
I tried this, flashing an empty vbmeta.img from google to both vbmeta and vbmeta_system partition and now device won't ever get to MI logo (lol) it just boot to recovery where I can see this message:

Android rescue party trigger! Possible solutions?

1.Wipe caches, and/or

2.Format data, and/or

3.Clean flash ROM

The reported problem is:
'set_policy_failed:/data/vendor'

I think the chanches to get phone to boot again without a data format are getting lower and lower but I still give a try... you got any idea how to solve this? thanks

before you can only use your device as door stopper....

Unbrick service via Telegram (by example: @*spam*paid*service* or @*spam*paid*service*)

Last edited:
before you can only use your device as door stopper....

Unbrick service via Telegram (by example: @*spam*paid*service* or @*spam*paid*service*)
why you tell this? i can access TWRP and fastboot without any problem... I am just trying to avoid factory reset ...