Mi 10 ultra mic settings when using phone

Appelsap

Members
Aug 14, 2020
I'm noticing that my wife and other people I've called mentioned not always being able to hear me, as if I'm walking away from the phone and then audio becomes almost inaudibly weak - or gone even. I've tested this and it seems that there is some aggresive filtering going on, when moving the handset away from you mouth a few inches, audio indeed drops significantly for the other party and quickly disappears completely. Talking directly into the mike and putting it in speaker mode solves the problem, but I really would like to make calls in a normal fashion also.
smile.gif

Doen anyone recognize this?

It seems related to how aggresive the phone filters out ambient noise / and/or uses a cut-of point for audio strength. Anyone know of a way to adjust that?

Nope, not really. I've tried rooting the phone and adjusting settings, but that made the whole thing unstable and I had to reinstall the rom (and undo the root). I'm not inclined to send the phone back to China for a check, so right now I'm trying different workarounds. Holding the phone with my hand cupped around the bottom, channeling the sound into the microphone, works pretty well. Additionally I've invested into wireless earbuds, which work nicely. It's not ideal, so any thoughts on how to adjust the gain in software would still be very much appreciated :)

I have the exact same issue. Tried everything to fix so any help appreciated!

Sent from my M2007J1SC using Tapatalk

Someone came up with something during this time, I have the same problem - the phone wants to throw it into the trash ..... Mi 10 ULTRA I will not say because it is cool but the basic function is broken!