Mi 10t Lite - Android Auto, Assistant, follow up questions, not working

chancooluk

Members
Mar 1, 2022
I'm having issues using Google Assistant via Android Auto on my Mi 10t Lite.

Google Assistant via Android Auto works for the initial question, but if Google requires more information, it does not hear my response, and cannot complete the query.

For example:

I ask: "Call David"

Assistant Response: "Ok, do you want to call Home, or Mobile?"

The response jingle (2 beeps) plays twice

I respond: "Mobile"

It shows that it is awaiting a response on the screen, but the coloured microphone dots do not move, and the assistant cannot hear me. The query ends with "I'm having trouble understanding you".

Can anybody help?

Moved to Q&A.
We can't help you with Google's technology, we're not Google engineers.

Moved to Q&A.
Ok. I'm only having this issue on a Xiaomi handset though, I have a Nokia 5.4 and a Moto E7 Plus which both work as expected with Android Auto on the same car.

Ok. I'm only having this issue on a Xiaomi handset though, I have a Nokia 5.4 and a Moto E7 Plus which both work as expected with Android Auto on the same car.
Doesn't change the fact that we don't know the internals of Google apps...

Moved to Q&A.
I' m having the same issue in 2 different cars with 2 Xiaomi phones (Poco F3 and Mi 11 Lite). Samsung (also Android 11) is working fine. This is not a Google-bug. It's a MIUI-bug that exists for about 1 year now! Samsung had the same issue but they fixed it months ago. If you read the threat linked above, you'll see that there are only Xiaomi useres reoorting that the bug still exists!

I' m having the same issue in 2 different cars with 2 Xiaomi phones (Poco F3 and Mi 11 Lite). Samsung (also Android 11) is working fine. This is not a Google-bug. It's a MIUI-bug that exists for about 1 year now! Samsung had the same issue but they fixed it months ago. If you read the threat linked above, you'll see that there are only Xiaomi useres reoorting that the bug still exists!
This is NOT XIAOMI! This is a CUSTOM ROM FORUM!
Please address your issue to Xiaomi on OFFICIAL FORUM!
Thank you!