[MI 10T] My experience flashing Xiaomi.eu on mi 10t

Nuno Rocha

Members
Mar 19, 2014
Hey guys, hope you are all ok.
I just want to share some experience while I was in a battle trying to flash xiaomi.eu on my mi 10t.
For years xiaomi.eu is the rom of choice of mine in all my Xiaomi devices I had.

Recently I bought a mi 10 t to replace my mi9 and once more I wanted to flash xiaomi.eu rom in it.

I had waited 7days to be able to unlock the bootloader and after that time I had downloaded the TWRP 3.0.4 the can already be found here in the forum or on XDA.

As always after unlock the bootloader and downloaded the latest rom for the mi 10 t (Apollo), I have flash the TWRP (FASTBOOT FLASH RECOVERY "IMAGENAME.IMG" and then FASTBOOT BOOT 'IMAGENAME.IMG").

So far so good but the problems for me and as I can see in XDA for many users just stars here...

This TWRP version isn't quit stable and gets some problems when trying to format data.
It gives some error trying to wipe data and some time it shows empty data when connected to PC. It can't reach data partition.
I tried to flash the ROM with an OTG usb but again, tried to wipe data and nothing...
Phone stuck in bootloop to recovery.
Later I have found the FASTBOOT Xiaomi.eu rom on XDA (https://forum.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-mi-10t/how-to/rom-xiaomi-eu-rom-xiaomi-mi10t-redmi-t4184225). Tried to flash it and after flashing it, nothing....

The solution I found was:
Flash the FASTBOOT rom EEA from Xiaomi website with Xiaomi flashtool.
After its done I let the phone boot normally and the I turned it off and booted into FASTBOOT.
Next I have flashed the FASTBOOT xiaomi.eu rom as live above.
When done the phone was in bootloop so I booted into recovery mode which booted into the stock recovery.
There I have wiped data and the phone booted normally into xiaomi.eu 12.0.3 stable.

When the phone booted into the system and after I had setup everything, I have rebooted into FASTBOOT again but now I had just booted into TWRP, not flashed it (FASTBOOT BOOT "IMAGENAME".IMG).
since we can flash beta over stable without wipe date being mandatory, after it booted into TWRP I just flashed the 20.11.18 rom from my OTG USB flash drive. After flash is done, reboot and my mi 10 t is running xiaomi.eu rom finally.

NOTE: since I haven't flashed the TWRP, when next from is out, I need to boot into TWRP with CMD command again and repeat the process. Don't flash the TWRP yet on mi 10 t. It could be stable on mi 10t pro but at least for me, it isn't in the mi 10.

Hope this can help someone :)

Stay safe everyone.

Thanks for taking the time to write this guide.

I'm going to try and flash my EU rom to global version tonight on my Mi 10t Lite

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing your experience and the instructions you gave
:).
I just got my Mi10T a week ago and I've been wanting to install this ROM, I already read about some of the problems you mentioned before, but I wasn't feeling sure to do it. Now that you shared this, I think I'm going to try it out, thank you again

And yep, we should wait to a more stable and safe to flash TWRP recovery, but the current method works so lets keep using it haha

Last edited:
Reactions: Nuno Rocha
Hi!
I just have some questions about your post:

Are all of the certifications working? Like Widevine L1 and Play Store Certification?
and second how is performance and specially battery life/performance, do you see any improvements or problems compared to official ROM?

Hi!
I just have some questions about your post:

Are all of the certifications working? Like Widevine L1 and Play Store Certification?
and second how is performance and specially battery life/performance, do you see any improvements or problems compared to official ROM?

I am on latest stable build. Can not install Netflix and Gallery is crashing. No other problems for me.

I had a very similar problem.

I flashed the recovery and wasn't able to access the SD card anymore or format. I didn't want to use the flash tool because I was in a hurry. So I fixed it this way:
  • Download the newest official Global rom from Xiaomirom here EU rom from Xiaomirom here (recovery version)
  • Extract the tgz file using Peazip or whatever programme you prefer
  • Open the tar file, navigate through the folders to images and extract 'recovery.img'. This is the stock recovery which you can flash through fastboot.
  • flash the recovery through fastboot using fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
  • Boot the recovery using fastboot boot recovery.img
  • Perform a factory reset using the stock recovery
  • Restart phone and see where you're at. I was able to boot to the most recently flashed custom rom.
I figured after reading this post that I should only boot TWRP though fastboot, but not flash it.

Last edited:
Reactions: robertb_45
You might want to correct that, that's not an "EU" Rom, that's the Global Official rom from xiaomi

Thanks for correcting me, you’re completely right. It seems to be working just fine for me, but to be sure I changed it above.

In the meantime, are you aware if it’s possible again to flash TWRP without problem? I am dreading updating my MIUI weekly rom because it’s more work this way and because I don’t want to risk having to set up my phone again. Seems like the potential problems of using custom roms are getting more complicated each year..