New Mi 11 - Google wallet not working - miui 14.08 stable

f_orbit

Members
Mar 27, 2021
Hi,

After updating to miui 14.08 on mi 11, while trying tap to pay on Google wallet, it open a dual apps version of Google play services and payment doesn't work. Obviously there's no dual app for Google pay services to be disabled.

I've tried uninstalling gpay (wallet) and reinstalling to no avail. This was working on miui 13.

Not sure how I'd get debug logs as I don't have a pos at home. Any ideas?

Thanks

mik101

Members
Mar 9, 2021
Hi,

After updating to miui 14.08 on mi 11, while trying tap to pay on Google wallet, it open a dual apps version of Google play services and payment doesn't work. Obviously there's no dual app for Google pay services to be disabled.

I've tried uninstalling gpay (wallet) and reinstalling to no avail. This was working on miui 13.

Thanks
Have you already tried "Restore NFC functionality" in the Connection & Sharing Menu? Also make sure your secure element position is correct. Usually its HCE but in my cases I have to use the sim wallet to enable support for Samsung Pay with my Galaxy Watch.

f_orbit

Members
Mar 27, 2021
Thanks for the above suggestions. I have restored and tried both types with no luck. From what I've read I'd have to disable my dual apps as a possible solution.
I have some dual apps that I don't want to delete right now, so I guess will have to wait for a future release to see if this gets fixed.

gezabela

Members
Jan 25, 2023
Thanks for the above suggestions. I have restored and tried both types with no luck. From what I've read I'd have to disable my dual apps as a possible solution.
I have some dual apps that I don't want to delete right now, so I guess will have to wait for a future release to see if this gets fixed.
i've just did this yesterday and it was fixing my issue. However, I am really wondering how did you realized that this has anything to do with the dual apps.... I was using dual app only for one app and after disabling it and removing the dual app "account" now the wallet seems to work... I wonder if it is working if i reenable it like now. I will check it, but i need some more "wins" with a working wallet :D

f_orbit

Members
Mar 27, 2021
Tapping on a POS opens up a dual app wallet or play services. You can see it in recent apps.

It would be good to know if you're able to get it working with dual apps re enabled now.

gezabela

Members
Jan 25, 2023
Tapping on a POS opens up a dual app wallet or play services. You can see it in recent apps.

It would be good to know if you're able to get it working with dual apps re enabled now.
for me it was just a flip on the screen and then a vibration. And error.... I'm gonna try to pay for my lunch today with the current config, if it is working I will try it out with reenabling the dual app stuff.
Btw now that you have mentioned, for me the recent apps are also broken: those apps that support split screen, will make the recent app screen to hang if I long tap on them. Do you have similar issue? I also have MI 11, so likely we are in similar shoes in many levels

f_orbit

Members
Mar 27, 2021
Yup same behaviour, the phone vibrates and a flash on the screen but payment doesn't go through.

I just tried split screen and didn't have an issue. Will update if I get it.

gezabela

Members
Jan 25, 2023
i wasn't even able to try out the split screen, recent apps hangs when long pressing on an app that supports is not great

gezabela

Members
Jan 25, 2023
Update with the dual app situation: I've enabled it for one app and tadaaa, i was still still able to use the wallet! Not sure if it will break later, e.g. after a restart, but this is the current situation :)
Yup same behaviour, the phone vibrates and a flash on the screen but payment doesn't go through.

I just tried split screen and didn't have an issue. Will update if I get it.

posonik

Members
Jan 25, 2023
Hi,

Thanks
Same issue, guys. Thinking even about hard reset.
btw, does anyone have an issue also with proximity sensor after MIUI 14 update? In some cases my screen stays dark after the call ending and only phone restart helps

gezabela

Members
Jan 25, 2023
Same issue, guys. Thinking even about hard reset.
btw, does anyone have an issue also with proximity sensor after MIUI 14 update? In some cases my screen stays dark after the call ending and only phone restart helps
As mentioned before: I turn off dual apps for every app it was enabled and removed dual app data. After that it started to work like before :)

SamSam94

Members
Jul 2, 2021
Exactly the same on my Xiaomi 12 Pro, but since the firmware 13.2.4
I was waiting for the firmware 14, hoping that it would fix the problem : you've just ruined all my hopes.
I tried disabling and removing the dual app "account" : google pay was ok, and still ok after enabling it again, but just for a few hours. Now, it's down again...
Unbelievable a bug like that could remind for so long with no fix !!!

gezabela

Members
Jan 25, 2023
Yesterday I've might stumbled upon another wallet issue, but cannot confirm it. But even if it is, it seemed a different one: when I've tried to use the walled, it was just saying on the POS unrecognizable card but no action on mthe phone. It was vibrating before and also some screen changes occured. Cannot confirm this issue though yet.

gezabela

Members
Jan 25, 2023
Confirmed and bad news: I was not able to pay with wallet today. Then I have removed again the dual app account(or data or whatever it is called) and after a restart it started to work again... So it is what it is...