Invalid Mi 11 - Google wallet not working - miui 14.08 stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

f_orbit

Members
Mar 27, 2021
Hi,

After updating to miui 14.08 on mi 11, while trying tap to pay on Google wallet, it open a dual apps version of Google play services and payment doesn't work. Obviously there's no dual app for Google pay services to be disabled.

I've tried uninstalling gpay (wallet) and reinstalling to no avail. This was working on miui 13.

Not sure how I'd get debug logs as I don't have a pos at home. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi,

After updating to miui 14.08 on mi 11, while trying tap to pay on Google wallet, it open a dual apps version of Google play services and payment doesn't work. Obviously there's no dual app for Google pay services to be disabled.

I've tried uninstalling gpay (wallet) and reinstalling to no avail. This was working on miui 13.

Thanks
Have you already tried "Restore NFC functionality" in the Connection & Sharing Menu? Also make sure your secure element position is correct. Usually its HCE but in my cases I have to use the sim wallet to enable support for Samsung Pay with my Galaxy Watch.

Thanks for the above suggestions. I have restored and tried both types with no luck. From what I've read I'd have to disable my dual apps as a possible solution.
I have some dual apps that I don't want to delete right now, so I guess will have to wait for a future release to see if this gets fixed.

Thanks for the above suggestions. I have restored and tried both types with no luck. From what I've read I'd have to disable my dual apps as a possible solution.
I have some dual apps that I don't want to delete right now, so I guess will have to wait for a future release to see if this gets fixed.
i've just did this yesterday and it was fixing my issue. However, I am really wondering how did you realized that this has anything to do with the dual apps.... I was using dual app only for one app and after disabling it and removing the dual app "account" now the wallet seems to work... I wonder if it is working if i reenable it like now. I will check it, but i need some more "wins" with a working wallet :D

Tapping on a POS opens up a dual app wallet or play services. You can see it in recent apps.

It would be good to know if you're able to get it working with dual apps re enabled now.

Tapping on a POS opens up a dual app wallet or play services. You can see it in recent apps.

It would be good to know if you're able to get it working with dual apps re enabled now.
for me it was just a flip on the screen and then a vibration. And error.... I'm gonna try to pay for my lunch today with the current config, if it is working I will try it out with reenabling the dual app stuff.
Btw now that you have mentioned, for me the recent apps are also broken: those apps that support split screen, will make the recent app screen to hang if I long tap on them. Do you have similar issue? I also have MI 11, so likely we are in similar shoes in many levels

Yup same behaviour, the phone vibrates and a flash on the screen but payment doesn't go through.

I just tried split screen and didn't have an issue. Will update if I get it.

i wasn't even able to try out the split screen, recent apps hangs when long pressing on an app that supports is not great

Update with the dual app situation: I've enabled it for one app and tadaaa, i was still still able to use the wallet! Not sure if it will break later, e.g. after a restart, but this is the current situation :)
Yup same behaviour, the phone vibrates and a flash on the screen but payment doesn't go through.

I just tried split screen and didn't have an issue. Will update if I get it.

Hi,

Thanks
Same issue, guys. Thinking even about hard reset.
btw, does anyone have an issue also with proximity sensor after MIUI 14 update? In some cases my screen stays dark after the call ending and only phone restart helps

Same issue, guys. Thinking even about hard reset.
btw, does anyone have an issue also with proximity sensor after MIUI 14 update? In some cases my screen stays dark after the call ending and only phone restart helps
As mentioned before: I turn off dual apps for every app it was enabled and removed dual app data. After that it started to work like before :)

Exactly the same on my Xiaomi 12 Pro, but since the firmware 13.2.4
I was waiting for the firmware 14, hoping that it would fix the problem : you've just ruined all my hopes.
I tried disabling and removing the dual app "account" : google pay was ok, and still ok after enabling it again, but just for a few hours. Now, it's down again...
Unbelievable a bug like that could remind for so long with no fix !!!

Reactions: thommygay24
Yesterday I've might stumbled upon another wallet issue, but cannot confirm it. But even if it is, it seemed a different one: when I've tried to use the walled, it was just saying on the POS unrecognizable card but no action on mthe phone. It was vibrating before and also some screen changes occured. Cannot confirm this issue though yet.

Confirmed and bad news: I was not able to pay with wallet today. Then I have removed again the dual app account(or data or whatever it is called) and after a restart it started to work again... So it is what it is...

Hi, my Mi11Ultra with MIUI 14 EU has same issue on Gpay

here's a way, you can try

go to setting > contactless payments > change Default payment app to other app

back to Desktop > open Wallet app > set Google pay to Default

ps. I didn't remove any dual apps

i wasn't even able to try out the split screen, recent apps hangs when long pressing on an app that supports is not great
Did you using 3rd Launcher ?

switch it to Xiaomi Launcher and long pressing on app is work again, after that can switch back your launcher

but after reboot, need to do it again...

For me its the same Problem using xiaomi 12t pro with xiaomi.eu 14.0.5.0 TLFCNXM stable.
If I want to pay using Google pay IT only vibrates, screen is blinking but pos did not work. I try tu read out card data using second Smartphone with nfc with installed App "Scheckkartenleser" from Google play store. So I can test gpay function at home. I use dual Apps too.
What I found out is as follows :

- If I use dual Apps, select Google pay as Standard payment nfc Methode always in miui it does not work. Second Smartphone App Shows nfc is blocked or deactive on your card.

- if I deactivate dual Apps it works correct.

- if I use dual Apps and select Google pay only as Standard payment methode if no other payment App is open it does not work. There is no possibility to deselect Google pay in General.

- if I use dual Apps and select Google pay only as Standard payment methode if no other payment App is open and if I open Google wallet App when I want to pay it does work.

Changing Ringtone or AOD did not help.

It seems to be a Bug I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: pipould
I'll join this club as I experience the same issue since miui 14 on 12x.
Gpay completely broken as soon as dual apps activated :( worked perfectly fine before.

Did anyone tried a hard reset ?

Thanks

I realy dont knows, what exactly is the reason but now it works finde. I changed from google pay as Standard to "except when another payment app is open". Then you can use it if wallet app is open at paymentprocess. Then I changed from sim to hce wallet in secure Element option and tried this. After having changed back as before it works finde still using dual Apps.

UPDATE!!!! SOLVED 3/3/23

Gpay Wallet it´s working fine again

i have the same issue on mi 11, and 14.0.8 stable EU. GOOGLE PAY (wallet) crashes after try to pay on NFC.
imposible disable gpay from payment methods.

I have 2 dual apps running. Do you suggest disable both apps and try?
thanks.

i posted this on other thread:
to update again the painments (i think this is a norma security issue).
Ok i re-register my 4 visa/mastercard (A,B,C,D) cards, but WALLET ALWAYS USE the same card (D),
I decided remove the (D) card from wallet, but after use the wallet payment, continue using a deleted (D) card.
I decided removed all cards, an re-register cards (A,B,C) only.. and after pay,, surprise.. card (D) will appear again..
ok, deleted again all VISA/MASTERCARDS from wallet, check con google payments via web that there is not any card
registred... clean wallet cache/data All. and install with twrp the v14.0.8 again. (NO FORMAT ONLY APPLY DAVIDK cache format).
Re-install credits cards (A,B,C) and when i try to pay with contactless WALLET.. SYSTEM CRASHES.!!

Last edited:
Transfer to a SIM wallet and all payment programs will work
That used to be the fix for Samsung Pay on my Galaxy Watch too when I was on MIUI 13 last year (Poco F3). I haven't tried any NFC payments in a while on MIUI14 but I suspect the same will apply there.

Status
Not open for further replies.