Mi 11 Pro (no global version) worth it or should I flash?

Xtreme089

Members
Apr 8, 2021
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and also in the Xiaomi area.
After all the recent launches and the great development over the past few months and years I made up my mind to get the Mi 11 Pro.
I'm based in Ireland and know this phone will not get a global release.
On various websites such as giztop or cect-shop the phone is now available.
They are not aligned in terms of the availability of Google services etc. Giztop says that the China version consist of the play store and services but cect says it's not pre-installed.
Do you guys know what the correct information is and whether I should be looking into loading a custom ROM or what are the main differences between the China version and a normal global one?
Many thanks for your help and apologies if this thread is in the wrong area..
Cheers

Im on he same boat. if its worth it to buy a CN rom and flash it with the global one? or are there any downsides

Mi11 Pro is for china online, so there will be no global rom for it !

Unlock the bootloader and wait for the xiaomi.eu release rom

Thanks all for the replies. As mentioned I know there will be no global release but since the China version already comes in English as well and some websites stating it will have the possibility for Google services, why should I wait for a EU ROM? I'd like to know the differences or whether the websites are "lying" or simply being in the dark themselves?
Here the links to the two websites from giztop and cect as mentioned above:

Thanks

cect-shop and trading-shenzen do pre-install the google services

I did use the china rom a week or so in january, till there was the xiaomi.eu rom..

and the china rom was crap... gps was not working well and other stuff

I always would prefer the xiaomi.eu rom

cect-shop and ************** do pre-install the google services
Thanks deepblue
Would that be enough or will it still have restrictions over an EU ROM?
I'm just generally not a fan off unlocking the bootloader unless really necessary but still want to be able to have all the same functions of course if possible.

at the moment I dont know,
there are a few chinese apps (chinese app store thats a bit boring)

but there are a few good xiaomi-china debloater adb scripts.. which do remove those stuff

execpt it is english/chinese rom only, but that's no problem for you, if you are irish.

Yes I would definitely get rid of all the Chinese apps and only use play store as I have certain apps that I can't do without. I'm actually german but love in Ireland so yes English would be perfect if there was no other restrictions. Checked already the 5G band in the Mi 11 pro covers Ireland.
when you said Cect usually install the play store themselves, does that mean the device/bootloader is already open? I think first devices shipped 2 days ago right? How long does it usually take before we can more insights or even a usable EU ROM?

no the bootloader is locked.
the google play services are installed.
you just need to install the playstore apk (from apkmirror)

Yeah right but will all the Google services work without "jailbreaking" the phone as well? I might then actually give cect a try but Giztop give 5% discount... ;)

Fun fact my mi11 came unopened without Google services.

My Ultra is on the plane and should arrive next week

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Cect-shop and my son broke his black shark so I pass it on and get the best camera for myself :)

My mi 11 arrived on January 08., so it served me well for 4 month already, I'm trying to flash global Rom after I unlock the ultra after another 168 hours...

We will see.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk