Mi 11 Problem when updating to Android 12 with fastboot

rojata4903

Members
Oct 30, 2021
Unfortunately, i couldn't find any similar thread, so I hope someone can help me here.
I'm trying to update to Android 12, tried both MIUI 12.6 21.10.20 and 21.10.27 and had the same problem: when I am in fastboot and start the update script, it does not start the update and is stuck. On Linux, I get the message "fastboot: error: device does not support slots" and after that it is stuck at "sending dsb_ab...", no matter how long I wait. On Windows, no message appears (tried cmd and powershell).
When I disconnect my phone, I am able to reboot it normally, so (luckily) it does not get bricked.

Tried with 3 different cables and USB3.0 and 2.0.
Currently I am on MIUI 12.5 21.3.17 (i know it is pretty old, but I didn't bother updating because everything worked well). Could it maybe help if I update to a newer Android 11 version before updating to A12? Then please suggest a version to download, as I live in Germany and therefore my internet is pretty slow.

Thanks in advance for any help

Worked! Although I couldn't install twrp so I had to boot directly into it. I also used a different pc, so maybe that actually did the work. Anyways, thanks for the help!

Unfortunately, i couldn't find any similar thread, so I hope someone can help me here.
I'm trying to update to Android 12, tried both MIUI 12.6 21.10.20 and 21.10.27 and had the same problem: when I am in fastboot and start the update script, it does not start the update and is stuck. On Linux, I get the message "fastboot: error: device does not support slots" and after that it is stuck at "sending dsb_ab...", no matter how long I wait. On Windows, no message appears (tried cmd and powershell).
When I disconnect my phone, I am able to reboot it normally, so (luckily) it does not get bricked.

Tried with 3 different cables and USB3.0 and 2.0.
Currently I am on MIUI 12.5 21.3.17 (i know it is pretty old, but I didn't bother updating because everything worked well). Could it maybe help if I update to a newer Android 11 version before updating to A12? Then please suggest a version to download, as I live in Germany and therefore my internet is pretty slow.

Thanks in advance for any help
I wonder if your device support slot, I did this procedure with my poco F3 ant it worked ok. I did from Linux as well.
Did you solve this already? Regards

Sometimes Windows does not load the correct drivers.
When you connect the phone, check in Device Manager if it has recognized the device.