New Mi 11 Ultra 13.0.5 and 13.0.10 Camera Preserve Settings Options not working

isl66

Members
Apr 10, 2022
I had a 12.5 version Xiaomi.eu rom which worked very well on my Mi 11 Ultra. However, since upgrading to v13 (both v13.0.5 and 13.0.10) I noticed that the camera does not preserve the previous camera settings. There is an option to do this in the camera settings, but the option does not work. This is most striking for me in video mode, as I shoot regularly in video in 8k mode, but the default it reverts back to is 1080p mode, which is much lower quality. Since it doesn't flag the reversion to default, you end up shooting in lower quality without realizing it. Since a primary reason for spending the extra money for the Mi 11 Ultra is the camera, this is quite vexing. You can open the app, put the setting in 8k, close the app, then open the app again, and it will be at 8k, fine. But if you leave the app for a longer period of time, say an hour, then going to the camera again will see it revert to 1080p instead of staying on 8K.

Can the developers please confirm and fix the bug?

Many thanks for your time.

Last edited:
I see lots of replies to other queries, but not this one. Has nobody else experienced this bug?

Haven't noticed it yet (I'm not filming that often), but I actually have the same bug in the 22.4.13 weekly. When force closing the app everything was fine, but after checking again now (after maybe 5 hours) it really set 8k back to 1080p and 30 fps. (Mi 11 Ultra)
That's actually quite annoying and it would be great to see this fixed in a future release!

I tested it again with 4k 60 fps today in the 22.4.27 and it seems to save the settings now.

Thank for your time on this. I confirm that for 4k 60fps it retains the settings, and this has been the case for the stable release. Since I don't go on the weeklies, do you mind checking to see if the 8K settings are retained in the latest weekly. 8k is a key reason to own the Mi 11 Ultra, so it would be great if the setting was retained. I just came back from vacation, and it was frustrating during the vacation to have to go into the settings every time I wanted to pull out my camera to capture a video clip.

Thanks

I'm on the 22.4.29 now, but for 8K Video it is still resetting to 1080p (even after just force closing the app) :(

Ok thanks for your time on this, it is appreciated. Hopefully this gets addressed soon.

I have a similar issue with the camera app on my Redmi 9T (v13.0.2.0.SJQCNXM). The Camera app (4.5.000190.5) does not remember my HDR settings. Everytime I put HDR settings to Auto or On, close the camera app and open camera again, HDR is always off. I didn't have this problem with MIUI v12.5.

Last edited: