Invalid MI 11 Ultra bootloop after MIUI14 Update

Clément Poiret

Members
Apr 29, 2021
Dear all,

A few days ago, I updated to the first weekly of MIUI 14 on my Mi 11 Ultra. Prior to that, I was on the latest weekly of MIUI 13.
Since the update, it rebooted for no specific reason, approximately once a day. But since yesterday, it reboots non-stop every 5 secs as seen in the video below. It doesn't even stay in fastboot mode, it reboots to fast that I can't even boot on a TWRP image, or format data, or reflash an old rom.

I even let it clear all its battery until it shuts down. But as soon as I plug it, it starts bootlooping again as in the video.
Do you have any clue? I'm afraid I killed it.
With a 2-year warranty, it's like a brick just after the deadline :'(

Thank you so much for your help,
Clément

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have installed miui 14 twice (dirty and after format). Don't see any issues with bootloop on star

Might just be a coincidence, but if I could at least clean flash maybe it would solve the issue... Unfortunately I don't know how to make it stay in fastboot mode without reboot...

Do you happen to have a damaged power button? (Stuck)
Remove the phone from the case.

I don't think so, the power button feels right, the phone didn't fall, even out of the case it reboots
But yeah I agree that it looks like a dead power button...

If your device does that in fastboot mode, then it looks like a hardware issue. Not a ROM issue.

Went to a repair shop, according to the guy, it's not a power button issue (clicks fine, no visual thing), but a motherboard issue... Unfortunately we can't have spare parts for mi 11 ultra in france. Do you know where we can get some ?

Dear all,

A few days ago, I updated to the first weekly of MIUI 14 on my Mi 11 Ultra. Prior to that, I was on the latest weekly of MIUI 13.
Since the update, it rebooted for no specific reason, approximately once a day. But since yesterday, it reboots non-stop every 5 secs as seen in the video below. It doesn't even stay in fastboot mode, it reboots to fast that I can't even boot on a TWRP image, or format data, or reflash an old rom.

I even let it clear all its battery until it shuts down. But as soon as I plug it, it starts bootlooping again as in the video.

Clément

have you tried this

Dear all,

Clément

I have the exact same problem. This only happens when I put a charger on the phone, without charger it does nothing.
I can interrupt the process by pressing Power + Sound Down button, then the reboot and the vibration stops and instead the phones shows a permanent orange FASTBOOT Logo on screen.

How do I get my phone to start up normal again?