Mi 11 Ultra problems

cryptocat

Members
Jul 19, 2023
Hey everyone,

i might need a little bit of help, so here i am.

Long story short, i bought the above mentioned Phone a second time (my own is from TSZ and works perfect) for my gf as a part of her Bday gift.

it was a "good offer" on dhgate from a not so legit seller (he claimed it was new, but logically aint 2 years after production).

thats all no problem. on it was china rom (logically) and it seemed to work fine. no problems booting, no problems putting in sim, etc.
i unlocked the phone, installed TWRP and then the latest xiaomi.eu stable (~2 month ago).

since that time, i didnt use the phone (it was a gift as said). recently, i started to use it a bit to test around if everything works, and there are several problems :

- when i do a "full reset" (whatever it is called in english), on rebooting, it boots into TWRP, there i have to select what to boot (then it boots xiaomi.eu again)
- sometimes on restart, but in other moments too, instead of a proper screen or dark screen i see "colored snow" (maybe u know the old Tvs of the 90s when u had bad signal?)
- software is hanging up regularly, camera shutting down, sometimes screen stays dark (but i still here sounds on pressing power button etc)

i want to add again : this didnt happen on the china rom (i had to use it a bit to unlock, and to test it when the unlock was done)

overall, i THINK this might be a software problem (but i am not sure), which means i could fix it. if it is a hardware problem, i will have a problem, because the seller surely will not give me any guarantee (i knew this on buying, so it is ok, own risk).

IF it is a software problem, i guess i have to remove xiaomi.eu rom, twrp and so on, but tbh, i never did this before.

is there something i can mess up? is there maybe a guide i didnt find in the time i searched?

maybe someone want to help. please dont be angry if this was an "easy find", i dont have my best days atm!

i want to add as well : my own phone runs on fastboot (TSZ set it up for me, perfect from day 1). maybe fast boot is the better option overall? i always preferred TWRP but maybe the image was not fine (from what i remember, the newest fitting didnt work so i selected an older one)

thx for your help ,

C

sorry for the size : handy worked FINE for many hours today, then there was a sound (like notification, but little different), and then it had this in the upper left and all bugs came again (it seems to be the icon for "find my phone" or whatever it is called).
WhatsApp Bild 2023-07-20 um 00.30.12.jpg

sorry for the size : handy worked FINE for many hours today, then there was a sound (like notification, but little different), and then it had this in the upper left and all bugs came again (it seems to be the icon for "find my phone" or whatever it is called).
View attachment 48399
Hey everyone,

i might need a little bit of help, so here i am.

Long story short, i bought the above mentioned Phone a second time (my own is from TSZ and works perfect) for my gf as a part of her Bday gift.

it was a "good offer" on dhgate from a not so legit seller (he claimed it was new, but logically aint 2 years after production).

thats all no problem. on it was china rom (logically) and it seemed to work fine. no problems booting, no problems putting in sim, etc.
i unlocked the phone, installed TWRP and then the latest xiaomi.eu stable (~2 month ago).

since that time, i didnt use the phone (it was a gift as said). recently, i started to use it a bit to test around if everything works, and there are several problems :

- when i do a "full reset" (whatever it is called in english), on rebooting, it boots into TWRP, there i have to select what to boot (then it boots xiaomi.eu again)
- sometimes on restart, but in other moments too, instead of a proper screen or dark screen i see "colored snow" (maybe u know the old Tvs of the 90s when u had bad signal?)
- software is hanging up regularly, camera shutting down, sometimes screen stays dark (but i still here sounds on pressing power button etc)

i want to add again : this didnt happen on the china rom (i had to use it a bit to unlock, and to test it when the unlock was done)

overall, i THINK this might be a software problem (but i am not sure), which means i could fix it. if it is a hardware problem, i will have a problem, because the seller surely will not give me any guarantee (i knew this on buying, so it is ok, own risk).

IF it is a software problem, i guess i have to remove xiaomi.eu rom, twrp and so on, but tbh, i never did this before.

is there something i can mess up? is there maybe a guide i didnt find in the time i searched?

maybe someone want to help. please dont be angry if this was an "easy find", i dont have my best days atm!

i want to add as well : my own phone runs on fastboot (TSZ set it up for me, perfect from day 1). maybe fast boot is the better option overall? i always preferred TWRP but maybe the image was not fine (from what i remember, the newest fitting didnt work so i selected an older one)

thx for your help ,

C
You need to install newest ROM (14.0.9.0 Stable) in clean installation (with data format). You can download this ROM from here:

thanks.

can it be a problem of TWRP too (wrong/old version)? i think the above version is the one i have installed (but maybe something went wrong on that install?)

hope i wont mess it up. so far never "reinstalled" a custom rom, always the first install was working for me.

If newest ROM is already installed in your device, your TWRP is the appropiate one. The ROM has new TWRP inside. You can try to do a factory reset (with format data) with this TWRP.

ive done it. it seemed not to have helped.

there is another thing : inside TWRP, i selected slot B (boot partition or whatever it is, before was A) - then it booted into fastboot.
but i never installed fastboot on the phone, only TWRP and then the image. is this a normal situation? or might the seller have installed fastboot before?

seems that my problems are based on the hardware :( weird that it worked fine with chinarom first (after buying), but maybe it was just because i only tested very few hours?!

there are more "weird" things:

according to https://andi34.github.io/faq/faq_twrp.html, there is some kind of full wipe, but i cant even select "system" where it tells there. only cache and dalvik, system not there.

another addition : i reinstalled the latest rom u linked above AGAIN, but this time i selected "reinstall TWRP" (or smth alike). lets see if this helps (because the problem imo was TWRP if anything, cause i already got color full snow at booting etc - either that or phone is broken :()

below an older screen "while booting" (basically directly after restart)

mi 11 ultra kaputt.jpeg

If newest ROM is already installed in your device, your TWRP is the appropiate one. The ROM has new TWRP inside. You can try to do a factory reset (with format data) with this TWRP.
your comment might have given me the trick.

i re-downloaded the ROM u linked, then installed - still the same problem

so i was nearly sure it is the hardware. but then i read again what u wrote here : "rom as TWRP inside"

so i reinstalled the rom AGAIN From recovery, but there i realised that, to install new TWRP, i needed to tick it. it was "unselected" per default for me, so no matter how often i installed the rom, it was the same (most likely bugged) TWRP.

now, after i did this, the problems seems to be gone. one day without issues so far.

thanks!

Reactions: Franch
After a few days the Problem is Back. Fingerprint gone, Backdisplay gone. Grafical Errors etc. On restart hangs Up and after some hours Boots again.

Guess this cant be a Software Problem anymore :(

Afaik the devices from that seller on dhgate are at best refurbished devices or even devices with issues. I bought mine there as well in May at same seller (promoted by chinahandys.net article). I definitely have some issue with my FP scanner (had 11pro before). I solved by saving 5 fingers and avoiding certain spot of the scanner :) It's not perfect now, but with face unlock good enough :) (I paid 408 Eur 256/12gb with no other issues and no scratches...but phone was activated 2 years ago).

I had a oneplus 7 once which was perfectly fine unless now and then. At the end it was a broken Mainboard and issues with internal memory. There are some good hardware testing tools, E. G. for writing and verifying data in internal memory. Maybe try this.

Last edited:
thanks for your feedback m8

i sold the phone as broken for 180 euro. at least i got a bit of money back. :D