Mi 11 Wireless Charging Stopped Working

@Exupery Thanks for the help, but I don't think I'll be able to install a new ROM, I don't even know if the one from Indonesia works in Europe. I'm afraid not to block it. Although I complained to Xiaomi about all the problems, no one bothers to solve them, I answer that some idiots should send it for warranty service.
Try uninstalling "xiaomi service framework" update. Reboot your phone and check if wireless charging works. In this way we understand whether my assumption was correct that a crooked update of this application or a version conflict between google play and getapps breaks wireless charging.

Last edited:
Thank you for your support. At the moment the phone is being sent for service, under warranty, I'm waiting to see what the solution is and I'll post the result here.

Yes, they sent my phone back without doing anything to it, they just "cleaned the charging port + software". Just pure idiots. The same day I sent it back, it is now in service. As I have news, I will post here.

Try uninstalling "xiaomi service framework" update. Reboot your phone and check if wireless charging works. In this way we understand whether my assumption was correct that a crooked update of this application or a version conflict between google play and getapps breaks wireless charging.
Thanks for the info. I tried it multiple times but it does not help in my case.
Still the same problem for almost 2 months now.

Thanks for the info. I tried it multiple times but it does not help in my case.
Still the same problem for almost 2 months now.
On my local forum, one guy managed to solve the problem by clearing "xiomi service framework keeper" cache.
At the same time, some of the applications that aroused suspicion or could potentially affect the fast wireless charging are not available at all on some rom's.
My method, which worked on the Malaysian rom, when repeated step by step on the global rom, failed.
Furthermore. In the past, on my Galaxy s10, I encountered a similar problem. Then I thought about the phone, car and the charger itself. With the change of phone, I began to change wireless chargers and check the wiring in the car. The result of my pain was the solution I described earlier.

General conclusion: this is not a problem of a specific phone. This is a longstanding problem with android devices. And if you read the pixel forums, you can say that the problem is global and has not been resolved.
I don’t remember if I wrote about this earlier, but my friend has exactly the same Mi 11 Ultra, which, immediately after receiving it, we flashed to the Malaysian Rom, just like mine.
So he never faced this problem.
Two identical phones. from the same batch, flashed to the same firmware at about the same time, behave completely differently. How to explain it - I don't know.

Reactions: kearmau5
I didn't have "xiaomi service framework", only "xiaomi service framework keeper" which I also deleted but in vain, I tried all the options proposed by you but it didn't work. Let's see what can be done in service.

My phone arrived from the service, they changed the main board, sub-board and bracket with NFC. Wireless charging works perfectly now, but it came with android 11, MIUI 12 and I'm afraid if I update it to android 12, it will go crazy again. I also got a call from Xiaomi to tell them if it was working, but I hadn't gotten home to check it yet.

My phone arrived from the service, they changed the main board, sub-board and bracket with NFC. Wireless charging works perfectly now, but it came with android 11, MIUI 12 and I'm afraid if I update it to android 12, it will go crazy again. I also got a call from Xiaomi to tell them if it was working, but I hadn't gotten home to check it yet.
If you install the latest software update and the problem returns, then the problem is not in the phone components. What will they say to that, I wonder.

I don't even know what to do, install android 12 or not. I'm aware that it can break from the update, but I'm convinced that the last updates also broke hardware components.

Now another problem, the fingerprint doesn't work, I put in the pin and then it tells me that "the fingerprint could not be added, try again". At certain times when I use the screen, the sensor area lights up, as if reading the fingerprint. I hard reset it, but to no avail. Now I'm updating to android 12, if the problem persists, I'll go to the service again tomorrow.

Today my phone arrived after the third intervention, it seems that this time they succeeded, they fixed the fingerprint, that is, resoftware, and don't worry, the wireless charging also works. I hope it doesn't have any more problems, I'm tired of having it serviced.

Update.
On my local forum, several people managed to solve the problem by deleting the security app update.
(the one with Green icon with shield and lightning.)
On these versions, people have no problem with fast wireless charging:
5.3.7 and 6.1.0
I have app version: 7.0.4-220913.1.2
My fast wireless charging still works stably after solving the problem.

I now have that application at version 7.2.1-221208.1.3, wireless charging works flawlessly. For me it was a hardware problem, probably something overheated and broke down.
Without any relation to this topic, I noticed that the IOS themes were removed from the theme store, I liked them a lot, now they are gone.

Reactions: Will197
Came across this thread when my Mi 11 suddenly stopped wireless charging this week
Phone has been flawless since I purchased. Charging at 30w worked fine one day, the next day it starts charging then stopped.
Tried several different chargers.
Dont see any updates landing between working/not working so possibly mine is a HW issue

Very, very annoying!

Is there any way to downgrade to 6.1.0? I dont have the option to delete the security update.
best regards.
Tried to install 6.1.0 version but system says that Its not possible to install system apps from not oficial downloads.
My device charge at 30w but not at 55w as use to do.

After a month, the wireless charging problem returned. For me it is one of the worst phones out there. I'm thinking about sending it in for service, I'm tired of doing that.

• Sad
I sent mine in for repair. About a week later got a call to say they could not source the part and they will send a new replacement.
New boxed phone arrived next day. Cannot fault that service.

He went to the service for the fourth time, let's see what he can do this time. Did MIUI 14 come OTA or did you install it yourself?

I don't know what is going on i understand all this but the thing is not happening to me
I just installed. 13.0.8.0 without data format or anything, wireless charging is still working

Attachments

• IMG_20230119_164338_095.jpg
    IMG_20230119_164338_095.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_20230119_164338_739.jpg
    IMG_20230119_164338_739.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20230119_164338_399.jpg
    IMG_20230119_164338_399.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 98
Try higher power wireless charging, 20w, 30w, 50w. With a maximum of 5w it also charges with me, but it takes a month to charge, it has to be used according to its specifications.

Try higher power wireless charging, 20w, 30w, 50w. With a maximum of 5w it also charges with me, but it takes a month to charge, it has to be used according to its specifications.
That's the problem, i don't have higher ones and after what's being discussed here, i thought that the wireless charging is completely broken after all these updates, but it seem working and reverse wireless charging works too