Mi 2S - control via computer not via broken touch screen?

vj0000

Members
Sep 4, 2020
Hi, i have got this phone (MI-2S 32GB 2013012) with a broken touch screen and it is in factory default. I can use 3 buttons on the bottom, but the touch works only in the small area on the bottom
Installation of apps from unknown sources is enabled.
I am wondering if i can control the phone via remote (computer) screen and how to do it exactly? USB cable? MHL->HDMI? Or if there is some ROM that allows it or allows SSH access. Thank you

you can use otg cable
You are sure, can you describe the steps please? The USB data cable connects the internal storage to Windows computer. The MHL>HDMI adaptor i have does not show any signal on the monitor and TV. I have plugged the power cable to the adaptor to make sure lack of power is not the cause of the issue.

in otg cable you connect mause and keyboard ?
Thank you for help, indeed, when i used the MicroUSB to USB reduction i had and connected basic optical USB mouse, it shown cursor and working. After enabling Bluetooth it also recognized my bluetooth mouse (though cursor movement was worse than wired).
I also tried to connect the USB hubs so i can try keyboard, but i think the phone does not supply enough power. One hub even do not light up LEDs.
I also tried 2 microUSB cables that was suposed to be data cables (i tested with my other phone to connect PC successfully) but mouse through these not worked.
So thank you again, it is important i connected mouse thanks to your suggestion.

Is there any way to connect the phone to computer via USB cable and use this connection to display the phone interface on my computer screen and manage it using computer keyboard and mouse? It would be the best for me. I can imagine i can now thanks to working mouse possibly setup an SSH server on the phone and connect and manage it via network using SSH client like KiTTY (command line interface).
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.meefik.linuxdeploy (this one Android 5+ :-/ )

I have found some USB ADB driver, but that is just a basics.