Mi 5 Flashing Lineageos From Xiaomi.eu's Nougat Based Miui

Septimua

Members
Jan 31, 2017
Hey guys I am a bit confused. I have a Mi 5 I saw what to do when flash Android 7 from Android 6. As not to wipe system but what should I do when I need to flash Aosp/Lineage OS based Roms? Can I full wipe then in that case? Some custom Roms require wiping data, cache, system, dalvic cache. Thank you

Yes, you NEED to do full wipe when moving to lineage official nightly. So cache/data/system/dalvik.

This is not a rule for every ROM but for lineageos 14.1 official.

You can find full instructions on XDA's thread for Mi5's LineageOS.

Yes, you NEED to do full wipe when moving to lineage official nightly. So cache/data/system/dalvik.

You can find full instructions on XDA's thread for Mi5's LineageOS.
What steps are needed to come back to miui eu if dont mind?

I always do system wipe with data, cache, dalvik cache wipe before flashing a new ROM but here I found people are ended up hard bricked their device that's awkward so I wanted to be in safe side.

I always do system wipe with data, cache, dalvik cache wipe before flashing a new ROM but here I found people are ended up hard bricked their device that's awkward so I wanted to be in safe side.

I think people have bricks because they have wiped system when moving from MM EU ROM to Nougat EU ROM. For some reason that causes bricks. But when going to Lineage, you really should make system wipe.

Coming back to EU I would first flash 6.11.10 and then without system wipe to Nougat EU ROM.

Reactions: Septimua
I think people have bricks because they have wiped system when moving from MM EU ROM to Nougat EU ROM. For some reason that causes bricks. But when going to Lineage, you really should make system wipe.

Coming back to EU I would first flash 6.11.10 and then without system wipe to Nougat EU ROM.
That was the case only for first Nougat build. After that not anymore. I moved back an forth between LineageOS and MIUI Nougat several times. And I never flashed Nougat 6.11.10.

Hi,
So i am using Xiaomi.eu 8.1.6.0 stable on my MI5.
If i want to flash latest Xiaomi.eu nougat i just need to wipe data/cache and then flash the build right?
Or can i do a dirt flash?
Thanks

That was the case only for first Nougat build. After that not anymore. I moved back an forth between LineageOS and MIUI Nougat several times. And I never flashed Nougat 6.11.10.

I have 2 questions just to be sure:
1. Moving from LineageOS 14.1 to MIUI 7.1.20 --- wipe system - no brick?
2. Moving from MIUI 7.1.20 to LineageOS 14.1 --- wipe system - no brick?

Thank you!

I have 2 questions just to be sure:
1. Moving from LineageOS 14.1 to MIUI 7.1.20 --- wipe system - no brick?
2. Moving from MIUI 7.1.20 to LineageOS 14.1 --- wipe system - no brick?

Thank you!
1. No brick
2. No brick

And anyway in both scenarios system wipe is a MUST.

Thank you, i was afraid to flash Miui Nougat with wipe system because some users had hard brick.