Mi 5 Xiaomi.eu Rom

Pistachio20

Members
Mar 31, 2016
will there be such a rom? is there a long ETA for this? will it have a custom kernal?

sorry if these are redundant questions but i searched and couldn't find gemini anywhere in the list

Unfortunately there is no info about this. Nor from the leaders of this project, nor the manufacturer itself.

After the release there were problems opening the boot loader to install custom roms. Xiaomi then decided to allow unlock for registered developers, so the installation of custom roms is possible since a few weeks. The software for getting root access and bootloder unlock is available.

Rumors say, that Xiaomi.eu is going to provide a rom for us. More detailed feedback from the team would be great.

People also wait Xiaomi to release a global rom in addition to the india launch of the device yesterday.

But no details from no side so far.

Regards
Hendrik

Oh i See. :/

Can we help in any way? Test on our devices? Collect some money?

thanks for the info. what about custom kernal will that be built into the rom in the future or no custom kernal?

I'm willing to help where I can to provide you with a testing device. I can use my own device as test, or I'm willing to donate some money for you to buy a Mi5.

Reactions: laueugen
www movilzona es/2016/04/04/aparece-la-primera-rom-multilenguaje-de-miui-que-permite-traducir-el-xiaomi-mi-5-al-espanol/

So on the rom page it lists MI5, but there is in fact no MI5 unofficial rom?

coming soon... :)

still testing...

mi5.jpg