Mi 5s Plus - Nougat Install Question

SAngeli

Members
Mar 18, 2016
Hi,
helping out a friend of mine who just got a new Mi 5s Plus via Vendor_GearBest_online. I hope and assume I will find on the device installed official China ROM as wish to install xiaomi.eu ROM.
After unlocking bootloader I have to prepare the device for latest 7.7.20 Developer ROM till I will install from scratch MIUI 9 at the end of this month when ROM will be available. Here few questions.

I notice that TWRP Recovery "TWRP_natrium.zip" reports an upload date of Oct 26, 2016 | 03:54PM
Can it be? I believe it is quite old upload date and fear I am not installing latest TWRP version.
Here is the link.
Anyone can please let me know? I wish to install latest version and know that should be 3.1.1 or so.
Note: I found this link where it hosts latest RWRP version. Is this a valid site and file to use?

2. Is it correct that "Mi PC Suite" is only compatible with official China ROM and nothing else? I failed to make my own device "Mi 5S" with xiaomi.eu developer ROM connect to the software.

Many thanks

Last edited:
1. The second link you posted is the official home of TWRP and of course you can use it: https://eu.dl.twrp.me/natrium/
With my Redmi 3/ido I am using it, too.
2. Mi PC Suite is compatible with EU ROM. I am using version 3.2.1.3111 and it works with my ido. Maybe try to install the Qualcomm drivers again (with disabled driver signature enforcement on WIN 8/10).

Hello,
I'v bought also a Mi5S plus from the same Vendor_GearBest_online. After just 1 minute of using it, the sound just stoped, i was on the speakers.
So the phone has no sound now, not on youtube, watsapp, messenger, I tried audio files only, video's on the browser but still nothing, the sound is dead. I reset the phone twice but still nothing, the phone is not on silent mode, no airplane mode, the volume is raised up.
Gearbest offered me the solution to send back the phone to them, shipping on my expenses, and they will virtually refund my wallet (on their store) so that I have to buy another product from them. I've paid custom and other duty taxes, 37 Euro, they don't care. Another solution was to keep the product as it is and they will give me back 20 USD (in points on their website) - this was a good joke. Another one is to keep this phone and they will send me another one but I have to pay handling fees - "only" 280 USD!!! So, I've just spent 300 Euro for a garbage on a garbage vendor site.
Does anyone know what could be the cause for that issue?
I've used a Xiaomi redmi1s for 3 years and is still working but bought from Xioami directly not those vendors.
I live in France, so does anyone know where can I repair the phone on my expenses?
Any other suggestion are more than welcomed!
Thank you.

Hi MeiGuddet, thank you for your reply.
As for first question I now know where to download the Recovery file. Thaks for this. I learned something new.
For second question I am using "minimal_adb_fastboot_v1.4.1_setup.exe" ADB drivers but when I try to connect the device it is not recognized.
Two questions:
1. which ADB driver should I use/download/install? I fear I might not have the correct one even if I can still flash the device. Here is what I see under Windows 10 x64 - Devices
win10-devices.png

Eventually that I have to install the correct ADB drivers where to download the correct Google one compatible with Windows 10 x64 and my smartphone?

2. where do I download the Mi PC Suite? Does it come only in English?

Many thanks

Last edited:
1. I think I use the same ADB as you (or 1.4, I'm not sure). You need to install the Qualcomm drivers for your phone. This can be done in 3 ways - by installing Mi PC Suite, installing Mi Flash or by installing the Qualcomm drivers themselves. Important: Before disable driver signature enforcement on WIN 10! The Xiaomi tools are in English.
2. Mi PC Suite you can download here: http://xiaomitips.com/download-mi-pc-suite-english-version/ or here https://www.xiaomigeek.com/download-mi-pc-suite.html
Useful tips you can find here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/wiki/index
Here is what I see in devices:
Geraetemanager.jpg

Hi,
I disabled softwre/drive signature on windows 10 and just installe Mi PC Suite (as you said) but it did not install any Qualcomm driver.
I keep getting the same device info you see posted.
Once I connect the smartphone via USB and have the software running I keep getting this:
Mi.png

Can someone please link me the official and most updated driver for the Qualcomm driver for Windows 10 x64 so that I can try to install it and see if Mi PC softwrare works? I tried to google around but I get a lot of links and do not know which one to use.
I also read that Mi PC Suite can connect to my smartphone in WiFi. If this is correct do I have to install any App on my smartphone or not?

Many thanks....

Hi,
if "mi pc suit cannot conect marshmallow or nougat its still a bug" how come some users are reporting to use it without any issue?
I already have the correct ADB driver, the same one that you MeiGuddet suggested. What I see missing is the QualComm driver.
Can anyone please show me an official QualCom driver I can install? "Xiaomi composite MDB Interface" as suwandytjandra is showing I am unable to get showing under my Devices.
Many thanks...

so far I have been using My Phone Explorer to sync everything with my PC and with MS Outlook.
For those users who might need a sync tool to store all device data on the PC Mi PS Suite might be a good alternative but I wish to test it. I fail to do so because I am unable to make it work. Nothing else.

no need to do that your contact can sync with g mail and your data can be copy to comp by using mtp transfer
even though trasfer with mi pc suit it a little bit slower
just conet your phone to comp than switch usb charging mode to mtp

Hi,
just wanted to thank you for the link provided me with. Unfortunately, it does not work.
At this point I just give up. It is not essential using Mi PC Suite: I just wanted to see how it works.
Many thanks.....